Met a very interesting guy tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met a very interesting guy tonight

So after my 13hr shift at work, I stopped at a local Wal-Mart and there was a red festiva sitting there with an older gentleman sitting in it reading a map, I went up to him and tried telling him nice festiva, he could not hear me and had a pen and paper for me to write it down for him, he had barely any hearing left, but he still enjoyed his festiva! He was from Kansas and he said he has 5 of them back home! (this is in Williston, ND btw) He isn't very smart with computers, but I still told him about the site and he said maybe his son will check it out for him. I'm just so amazed by how many nice people you meet from festivas!
    -Josh R

Well let's face it, the gangster homie type people would be too embarrassed to drive a festiva, so naturally the nice people drive them

Still a cool story though :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Haha so true!
      -Josh R

Comment

We are going to have to start carrying cameras with us to record these kind of events. A grizzled-looking rough and tumble heavy equipment shop owner not all that far from me drives a Festy.
        It was originally a sport model and he's grafted green doors and hatch on to the red car. Blue hood. He calls it the Red-Green Show. One day I'll get shots of it.

Comment

I'm the only festiva runing around here. Everyone looks at it and smiles and occasionally they say at a red light 'you are out to save on gas ain't ya?' ...naw jus like to have fun driving this thing. Lol.
          88 track-tiva (in progress)
          1968 chevelle 4spd 454 (mint)
          1990 silverado lifted (purple truck)
          1981 camaro (blew the motor now building another)
          1989 ford f350 (Rebuild done!)
          1986 bronco (the beater)
          73 camaro (bumble bee)
          2002 yammer hammer R6
          96 silverado show truck -sold-
          2004 silverado 2500hd

Comment

Ha Ha, "the Red Green Show", I get it. ROFL When you take the picture, make sure he's in it with a roll of duct tape.
            I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
              He was from Kansas and he said he has 5 of them back home! (this is in Williston, ND btw)

Kansas ? Where abouts ?
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

No idea Fresh
                -Josh R

Comment

That's probably about like the little ole' blue hair I see driving her almost pristine(rear fender well rust) red L around my work almost on a daily basis. I'm sure if I ever did try to talk to her I would probably get pepper sprayed or something. Let's face it, I'm not the most friendly looking stranger... :/
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

[quote=gauge_half_inch;528552 Let's face it, I'm not the most friendly looking stranger... :/[/quote]

I dont believe it, a smile and or a genuine persona goes a long ways, no matter who you are.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Lol, you haven't met me... I have large gauged ear lobes, a long gotee, and tattoos. I tend to get a lot of strange looks from strangers.
                      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I stopped into a randomfire department yesterday onthe way to Chattanooga to talk to the owner of a nice little red EFI one. He had 14" datsun wheels on it, they were fairly low offset probably around 15mm and he had to roll the fenders a little but it wasn't enough to make it look bad. Unfortunately only got to talk fora couple minutes before he got a call from dispatch and had to head out. Hopefully he'llpop up on here soon though.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Last year, my wife and I were in the Outer Banks right before FM5, and while we were waiting to board the ferry to the mainland, we were approached by a woman who ran up and said, "I used to have one of those!" Several hours later she and her husband walked away with our contact info (because their son drives the car now), and we even corresponded later concerning repair issues. They live in Pennsylvania, and I'll send them an invitation to Festiva Madness this year. Nice couple.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                          X