Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever performed a full tit-4-tat Festy/Aspire swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a festiva-swaped aspire would brake fine if it had mid-high end rotors, pads, drums, and shoes. An EGT MC would help generate higher pressure as well. You would wear out pads quickly, but it would probably work fine.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
      There ARE Aspires in the yards, problem is, by the time I get everything, I'll have close to $600 invested. I had to buy (so I thought) an axle for my first Festy (turned out to be just the axle stub) and they charged me for the axle beam, axle stubs and rear brakes. Probably bearings, ebrake cable and shoes too, this was PAP.

I'm just going a different route now. Plus I have at least two cars I want to do. I guess an option would be to put up a wtb on CL for an Aspire running or not....
      Yeah, I'd say my Aspire swap set me back about 600 with all the new brake parts and wheels and all. It all adds up. It was the best thing I've done to my car though. I still say what you want to do is easy enough if you have the parts. Just be careful, stopping is important.

Comment

Working...
      X