Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it?

Found this guy on CL. Originally posted at $1750 the seller now has it priced at $1500 firm. 5 speed 156k miles. That's about all it says about it. Obviously has some aftermarket wheels. Looks to be primered black.

I should have taken a look at it when I was up in the area it was being sold, but at the time at 1750 I wasn't willing to pay that much for it...still a bit skeptical at 1500.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

I personally wouldnt. 1200 sounds better. But if its worth it to you. Also depends on rust.
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

I saw that one on there..looks nice. Make sure the paint looks good...could be a roll on job. I would say if it's a true gl with rear wiper and nice interior it's a 1300 dollar car if it's an l model it's an 1100 dollar car granted the engine runs good with minor leaks like a valve cover gasket or thermostat leak and the ball joints and axles look ok....those are the major pitfalls. Also check the rear wheel bearings when ya check it out
      Ford Fester

Comment

Be sure to take a magnet with you and check for bondo.

Comment

thats not primer...thats the cheap enamel paint from pepboys. That thing needs a clear coat and to be cut and buffed.

not bad looking though. looks like it needs some serious fender flares for those wheels.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. It's kind of far away from me and I'm looking at several different cars right now...the Festiva is probably lower on my list.

Here is another pic of it.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

What size and width are those wheels? Looks like it may have aspire suspension
              Last edited by bobbyspider; 07-11-2012, 02:14 PM.
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

If it's merely a stock car with trick wheels that's not a plus. If somebody did a credible suspension/brake upgrade and an engine job (ie swap) on it then the value ought to be credible.
                To me having to clean up somebody's lousy paint (and likely body job) is a negative. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I (personally) would never dare to put wheels like that on a slug; only makes people want to laugh, and the tires would rub every time you hit a bump.

Comment

I would think if it had suspension and engine upgrades they would be mentioned in the ad to get more calls and a better price. I'm not a fan of those wheels. If I got the car they would have to go. I'm starting to think it's definitely not worth the time or money to pick this one up.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

If you pick it up, and sell your wheels let me know :p

Unlike everyone else, I like them. haha
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

I also found this one in STL. Needs a little work...

Needs brake work and probably an entire exhaust. Says it needs catalytic converter and some exhaust work, but probably just best to replace the whole thing. Has over 200k miles.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                        If you pick it up, and sell your wheels let me know :p

Unlike everyone else, I like them. haha

for real! i love them too! i have some 13x8's that i havnt put on my bp car yet
                        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                          I also found this one in STL. Needs a little work...

Needs brake work and probably an entire exhaust. Says it needs catalytic converter and some exhaust work, but probably just best to replace the whole thing. Has over 200k miles.

how much are they asking for that one? i realy like the black one though.

Comment

Asking 900 for the teal one...been posted for awhile though.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

One thing about 'not buying' a tricked-out car is that all manner of pie-in-the-sky testosterone-fueled wannabe mechanics' did not thoroughly mess up your purchase. If Damkid has a 'used Festy' in the paper, with Rio and Aspire fixins and a B6T on board, I'd be listening, and very closely. And if some other guy with a Tom-foolery set of wheels, roller paint job on an otherwise mechanically neglected stock car wants to 'part out' with his dream machine I'd be much more leery.
                              Ford sold 350,000 of these cars in n America. If you are patient an affordable 'gem' will show up, and in your neck of the woods, and then you can carefully make it into 'your car'.

Comment

Working...
                              X