No announcement yet.

is a metro faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies, I was not attempting to generalize the Swift. And yes, I realize that the two cars are only loosely related... however, they do share the same chassis and body styling, correct?
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
      yeah you got the fun top down under, lucky you.
      so how fast was that swift in the 1/4?
      11.086 @ 130.17mph worlds fastest quarter mile for a Swift GTi,

With Street legal Tyre's it took out Australia’s fastest FWD street tyre record with 11.78 @ 130mph.

I'm sure someone here will have a festiva video clip showing how they beat it :twisted:

and yes the drive train and body are the same on metro's and swift (Except for the GTi which is so much sexier) but cosmetic differences can make or break a car (after all why is every one after the clocks, grills and headlights from a 121)

Also where it is built makes a difference too (component quality between between a festiva and a Mazda are really evident here in aus, i'd imagine the japanese swifts are much different to the US/mexican? metro)
      :angel12:-Santos
      I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Yes the Metro's here are really the bottom of the food chain as far as cars go in America... -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

bottom of the food chain....near the top of the gas mileage chain. they sure are in demand with the prices so high.

yeah i liked the mazda 121 grill and headlights better. people after their clocks also?
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
            bottom of the food chain....near the top of the gas mileage chain. they sure are in demand with the prices so high.

yeah i liked the mazda 121 grill and headlights better. people after their clocks also?
            Just to interrupt...congrats on 100 Todd00

Back to the conversation: A couple weeks ago I ended up next to a stock-looking Metro at a set of lights, and we proceeded to "race" at the green. My car (also stock...performance wise) certainly had the edge at the initial acceleration to 70 km. Pretty close though. I felt good all day.
            A Festiva saved my life.
            Former owner of a '93 L.
            Rolled her at 120 km/h and walked away.
            R.I.P. "747"

Comment

My place is not the FMS complaint department. I don't allow anti-FMS posts here. The owner is a friend of mine, and he out ranks any noob here.. don't like it? Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.. Your complaint post will be deleted and so will the others..
              DJ Hayek

Comment

Metros were imported/made in/to the U.S. much longer than Festivas were imported. I think the early Metros were first offered around 1985 or so, and were sold until just after 2000 or so. That's a run of at least 15 years, as opposed to both the U.S. Festiva and Aspire of just nine years.

You will thus see more Geo/Chevy Metros than Festivas.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I have both. I have a stock 1991 festiva, and a stock 1992 geo metro. Both 5 speeds, the metro is 4 door. Both cars have the cat cut out. I have raced them together with myself driving one, and my friend driving the other, then we switched cars and raced again. Each time the results were the same. Festiva WAY faster. That should answer your question.

Metro=better mpg. I record 51mpg on the highway, 46mpg city.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

could it be the difference in gear ratios? anyone know how many HP metro's have?

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

festiva wins

i have owned 2 geo's and a festiva.
                      the first geo pulled a 19.3 slow lots of miles but hey 50 mpg!
                      second geo got 18.6, i never liked this one, amount of off-roading was not up to my standards.
                      then the festiva. it has 300,000. miles burns about a quart of oil per tank, well this got a 17.9 it was hard but i got it into the 17's yeah! that got about 30mpg. i dunno if that is bad for a festiva but with 300k on it i figured it could be tired lol
                      don't worry its got a bp swap now and is faster. and i still get about 30mpg creepy caus i drive it pretty hard. and love it.
                      as far as handling. geo has the festiva beat no offense it must be the independent rear and lack of minivan roof line but it definitely handles better.
                      sacramento,ca
                      17.9@??= original engine (stock)
                      14.8@92mph bp swap(all stock), at sacramento raceway.

Comment

I don't really wanna get into a big discussion. But I have had one metro(almost certainly the only one ever) It was a 91 4 door slammed with 13's and 50's. This has been several years ago. The only engine mod was completely straight exhaust no muffler just a moderate resonating tip. It ran circles around my then 92 festiva. I nearly killed myself in that POS. To sum it up It was faster than any Stock festiva I've had. Just my opinion......
                        don't crush em, save em,and that goes for any of intrest.

Comment

was it the 3 cyl or the g13 swift motor?

The swift gt/GTI were hella bada$$
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Those 4-cyl. Swifts are faster, but I'll bet my Festy could take my buddy's dad's Geo any day lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X