Sell here, ebay, or local?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell here, ebay, or local?

I've decided to sell my Festiva, that i've had for about seven years. It's a California car, very, very little rust. Does a rust free car bring much of a premium? It would be easier to sell locally, but maybe a national market would get me a better price. I don't want to be stupid and unrealistic, but rust free is rarer than air conditioned 5-speeds, and it's that too.
    And it would be nice to see it go to a Festy Fan. Is $2000 unreasonable?

onree in nebraska
    Last edited by Onree; 07-11-2012, 11:43 PM.

We'll need to see more photos and have a bit more info...

Mileage?
    Auto or 5-speed?
    Does it have A/C?
    What color is it?
    Any modifications?

Good luck with sale!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

pictures of the rear fender wells especially and the rockers too.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I really appreciate looking at photos of rust free underbodies. Parts I have received from fellow members in New Mexico and Kali-fornia still had the original plating. Even the bumper supports were mint. Look at the brake and fuel lines in the pics!

Comment

Mine is rust free, 5sp, and A/C. Maybe I was just lucky. But it has a lot of dents!

Ebay generally yields the average price of something if you get the word out there. Most people give others a deal on this site, but if you feel its worth a certain amount to you and need the money, then there is no reason to post it on here for cheaper. The discount for here is generally because people like to see their cars go to another festy fan who will take care of it. Might as well Ebay it and see what happens.
          Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

Mine had a lot of dents also. I think someone purposely walked around the car and dented it every two feet.There are tools that will push the dents out again. It's an art to fix dents without bondo.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

When you go to all the trouble of adapting engines and transmissions, and even performing the Rio/Aspire swap, it definitely is worthwhile to start with a structurally sound body. $2000 is not unreasonable when you consider the hundreds of hours of work that goes into transforming a Festy into something it never was.
              However dealing with dents is a curse. If it's destined to be racer or fun driver these things don't matter a heck of a lot but if it's only supposed to look sharp in a ride night show than cosmetics do matter.

Comment

Mine will require bondo haha, mine are like pinches and severe door bumps, I could hammer them out from the inside, but I dont think I can access a bunch of them. They're small and sharp
                Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

Ebay will yeild higher prices (however I don't know how often those pan out).
                  Craigslist is the next highest price (but who knows how long it will take!)
                  FF.com lowest prices

This is just my opinion. It may do well on Craigslist for that price. It is definitely on the high end, price wise. If the body is nice and the interior is nice with low miles it will sell well on Ebay too. (maybe even here!)
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Sell it locally for the most return and least hassle. Selling a rust-free 40+ MPG 5-speed with A/C in mid-summer seems like a winner to me!
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

My brother is looking for a good car in that price range. He may be interested....where you at in Lincoln?
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Ebay is best for classic cars. I would put it on craigslist and post the link here.

Comment

Working...
                        X