Festiva/Aspire trans cross member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva/Aspire trans cross member

Can anyone confirm if the Festiva & Aspire Trans cross members are the same? Been offered one, on the surface they look the same/ simular. Don't want to bother w/ it if it does'nt bolt up to my festy.

I am still hoping that fastivaB6TG25MR will pull through and find the time to build me a BP cross member. But, I can understand time constraints permitting. So, as a back up, just incase I gotta build my own, would be good to have a spare to mess with!

Any info, thoughts greatly appreciated!
    '93 Festiva L 5spd.:
    Aspire swap: brakes, swaybar, master cyl.

Aloha! ....renny

The rear trans mount is different for the aspire. They don't use a pad mount like the festiva. Aspires have matching round front and rear mounts. The crossmember is set up for this mounting configuration. So you'll need the aspire rear bracket to mount a stock trans for sure.

So far as bolting it up to the body goes, I'm not completely sure. I think they bolt up, but may have lateral clearance problems with the trans mounts. Might be worth modding for a trans swap, though.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    Last edited by link5186; 07-15-2012, 03:48 PM.
    91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
    92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
    95 Grand Prix SE DD
    Wife's Stuff:
    89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
    97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
    Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

ive got an aspire crossmember laying around, if someone has a festy one laying around, we could get measurements, lmk soon, it won't be laying around for long.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
      X