took a little ride to the flea market in the festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took a little ride to the flea market in the festy

and found these centercaps for the 13" mustang wheels. I got 5 wheels a few months back with 4 great tires on them with mustang hubcaps for $50. I picked up 4 trim rings at the pap yard for $10. the centercaps were $10 at the flea market and probably came off a 60-64 ford falcon.

total for all; $70 and since I don't particurally care for the stang hubbies I should get anywhere from 40 - 75 bucks for them. I saw a set about as nice on the bay SELL for $75. so I should end up with no more than $30 in the whole package.

I know its a matter of taste but I wanted to go with the old school look untill a 100 dollar set of 13" mags that I like falls into my lap. these look like they could have been called rally wheels back in the day. they are flush with the tire/trim ring and do not stick out like the stang hubcaps. I think they'll "pop" on a white festy.

I'm putting them on monday and I'll get a pic of them on the car. oh, and the part of the wheel you can see I'm painting black for now. if I ever put the red hockey stripe back on it I'll do them in red to match. that would look good. does anyone make the stripe anymore? I can custom paint it myself but if theres an aftermarket one available I'd look into that if its not too pricey.

on a side note - met a guy who was set up giving away Christen lit. who was in a red 89 carby festy and I told him about the site. he said he'd check it out.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Yep, those wheels, rings and caps are nice! I like the old school look, too. Nothing overdone.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Cool finds! That will be nice on white.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Very nice. I also wonder about a new Red Hockey stripe, mine has seen it's better days. Someone sold a NOS one awhile back, but alas I had no money. The local vinyl shop said she couldn't reproduce it.
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

you still find the hockey stripes...just have to look good
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            just have to look good
            I don't think I look to good, looks like I'm screwed. :p Lol
            Mike Holmgren
            Thief Rvr Fls, MN
            1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
            "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
              I don't think I look to good, looks like I'm screwed. :p Lol
              lol....sorry to hear that
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
                and found these centercaps for the 13" mustang wheels. I got 5 wheels a few months back with 4 great tires on them with mustang hubcaps for $50. I picked up 4 trim rings at the pap yard for $10. the centercaps were $10 at the flea market and probably came off a 60-64 ford falcon.

total for all; $70 and since I don't particurally care for the stang hubbies I should get anywhere from 40 - 75 bucks for them. I saw a set about as nice on the bay SELL for $75. so I should end up with no more than $30 in the whole package.

I know its a matter of taste but I wanted to go with the old school look untill a 100 dollar set of 13" mags that I like falls into my lap. these look like they could have been called rally wheels back in the day. they are flush with the tire/trim ring and do not stick out like the stang hubcaps. I think they'll "pop" on a white festy.

I'm putting them on monday and I'll get a pic of them on the car. oh, and the part of the wheel you can see I'm painting black for now. if I ever put the red hockey stripe back on it I'll do them in red to match. that would look good. does anyone make the stripe anymore? I can custom paint it myself but if theres an aftermarket one available I'd look into that if its not too pricey.

on a side note - met a guy who was set up giving away Christen lit. who was in a red 89 carby festy and I told him about the site. he said he'd check it out.

Welcome to the "Falstiva" world.

Now I guess I'm gonna have to get trim rings.....

Comment

Nice finds. They will look good.
                  I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                    Very nice. I also wonder about a new Red Hockey stripe, mine has seen it's better days. Someone sold a NOS one awhile back, but alas I had no money. The local vinyl shop said she couldn't reproduce it.
                    Need to check with another vinyl signage producer, reproducing that decal can't be that difficult.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I have some friends that do vinyl cutting. Ill check with them.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                      X