Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead leaves caught under wipers spindle

Hello everybody,

I know that this might seem to be a dull question .. but I'm really bad with cars.

It often happens that I park my car under a tree (not on purpose but it all depends on what parking spot is available). Noisy dry leaves and pine needles rest underneath the wiper spindle. Now they're accumulating and I simply cannot pick'em up by hand. I tried blowing them (using the tire air nozzle at the gas station) but it didn't help much cause leaves are kinda caught under the cap.

Any smart idea to remove those without the need to take any part off !!

Cheers

Roky

Do y'all have car washes down under? The kind that spray high pressure water?

If you do, take some coins (whatever kind of coins y'all have)...go to the car wash, deposit said coins (shillings, dracs, rubles, marks ?). Grip the wand, and spray.

Report back to us, even if the mission is a failure.

:p
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

BigElCat, I know the kinda high pressure water you're talking about, though I can't recall seeing them in the neighbourhood.

I'll save a cople of drachmas and make a trip searching for it.

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post

Report back to us, even if the mission is a failure.

:p
      Will certainly do

Comment

This happens alot my my step dad's Suburban....
        We only use it on the weekends, and it is parked under a big tree at home.
        We just say ehhh, its a work truck who gives a crap...
        But If you are trying to may your car stay in Mint clean condition then i suggest putting one of those car tarps over it once you park it (unless your lazy
        "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Threads 42629 and thread 324968 deal with this issue.

Comment

Thanks guys, that was of good help

Comment

Working...
            X