Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festiva Motor Sport? Still active; or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Motor Sport? Still active; or what?

I've tried phoning Festiva Motor Sport a couple times, just moments ago and also recently; with no luck. The phone rings; but, no answer.

Their web page says that the website is due to be re-formated and their stock changed; and that the current page is dated from January 2nd this year.

The phone number given is (410) 381-4660

I've bought their racing/lowering springs; and also a gasket between the distributor and distributor cap, perhaps hard to find? Though awhile ago, either.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Here is another thread, less than two weeks old.

If no one has talked with him for business purposes within the last couple months, I think FMS is no longer semi-viable. I think early this year was his last hurrah.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Too bad

Wow, that's sad. I looked at the link.

I remember back in the heyday of FMS; looking at all the great things I'd fantasize having for my Festiva. Balanced injectors, headers, 3/4 race cam, etc. The amazing body-work stuff too, was something to see.

Well, I do have FMS racing/lowering springs. Those are sure great.

Particularly the rear ones; I think I liked with the stock front springs, better than the front ones from FMS.

I was going to ask about a water pump and an oil pump; wondering if there are any which are higher capacity and/or better than stock?

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Bob, I would just buy a new water pump from Rock Auto. Not much need for any kind of increased capacity on the water pump.
        As for the oil pump, you can either buy a new one of those from Rock Auto......or.......just do a performance work over on a good used one. You can check out the thread I posted last week on oil pump blueprinting. If all the clearances are good in the used pump, there is absolutely no need to spend the $ on a new one. If you have an old used one you could send me, I would be happy to check it out, perform a few upgrades and clean it up for you at no charge.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

An interesting proposition; I'm bookmarking in the computer.

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
          Bob, I would just buy a new water pump from Rock Auto. Not much need for any kind of increased capacity on the water pump.
          As for the oil pump, you can either buy a new one of those from Rock Auto......or.......just do a performance work over on a good used one. You can check out the thread I posted last week on oil pump blueprinting. If all the clearances are good in the used pump, there is absolutely no need to spend the $ on a new one. If you have an old used one you could send me, I would be happy to check it out, perform a few upgrades and clean it up for you at no charge.
          Wow, that's a nice offer. I think the oil pan has to be dropped, to change the oil pump; is what the shop doing the work for me next Tuesday suggests. We've decided to forgo changing the oil pump now, for that reason.

Others suggest my oil pump should last a lot longer; I've only been worried over, hearing the tappets once, when there were about two quarts or more missing from the crankcase.

An unusual snafu forgetting to replace the oil cap on the top of the valve cover, I had to drive with a tightly rolled up rag stuffed in the hole-about five hundred miles through the night; the only time I've ever done that with any vehicle.

The sound of the tappets got me to check the oil level, under normal conditions I wouldn't of; heard pulling up to a stop sign on a freeway off-ramp about thirty miles from home-making a mid morning beverage stop.

Damn; now this old computer's "bookmark" function is screwed up.
          Last edited by bobstad; 07-28-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I bought some stuff from them on ebay a long while back and got some really good deals! might look at their store and see if they're active. just a different approach
            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
            X