Suzuki swift issues, well it looks kinda like a feisty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki swift issues, well it looks kinda like a feisty

I have a Suzuki swift I am trying to get on the road, it is running fine with just some bodywork and exhaust work needed. It is very similar to a feisty or aspire in the size and type of car, so I am happy to have it. But i don't know how to weld.. Should I go to a proffessional or try this on my own, with your help of course. Is there anyone in the Frederick md area who knows how to weld exhaust pipe?there is a leak on one part where it flanges and separates and it needs a new muffler.....maybe I should just buy a whole new exhaust for ir...any ideas or suggestions
    91 red l-

I should think any exhaust shop should be able to help you out there.

On the other hand, be sure to check out the metal around where the control arm mounts to the underside. They're supposed to rust out there quite often.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yes it needs some simple patching.
      91 red l-

Comment

I live in Frederick and used to patch my own exhausts but don't have my acetylene rig anymore. You're better off getting new stuff especially if you're trying to get it through MD insp.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          I should think any exhaust shop should be able to help you out there.

On the other hand, be sure to check out the metal around where the control arm mounts to the underside. They're supposed to rust out there quite often.

Karl
          Sage advice. Rotted control arms was a chronic problem with late 90s Geo Metros, Pontiac Fireflies, and your 'baby'. Same goes for the brake lines, they were surrounded by a metal cover that rotted off after salt and moisture got trapped in and around the lines. Brake lines can be repaired but the control arm issue by and large spelled the demise of many of these cute little cars. Hopefully you have the 1.3 motor and not the 3 banger. A fellow nearby here has a Suzuki factory twin cam turbo motor for one of these cars. He was hoping to install it in a 2 seat Geo ragtop but I'll bet it has so far never happened.

Comment

Damn I wonder if that motor is still out there
            91 red l-

Comment

The Swift is a brother to the GEO Metro. There's a good Metro forum, and an even better Swift Forum. Swift is called Redline GTi (IIRC).

I'm a little familiar with Zuk/GEO motors.
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                Hopefully you have the 1.3 motor and not the 3 banger.
                I have the DOHC and the SOHC 1.3. And the 3 bang 1.0. The 3 banger's amazing for what it can do.
                '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                X