life is fun sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life is fun sometimes

came to salt lake city to help a buddy of mine fix his dads vehicles. got them all fixed and had nothing to do. his dad decided to buy a 3 cyl metro for a work commuter. found one online listed for $500. 94 4 door 3 cyl 150k miles and 5 speed. had a blown head gasket. talked the guy down to $325. got it back to the house and proceeded to tear it down. found blown head gasket on number 3 and number 2 exhaust valve was burnt. dropped the head at the machine shop on thursday. turned out the head also had electrolosis on the block side so told the guy to weld and resurface it. decided to put the bottom end back together today. cleaned and installed first 2 pistons with no issues. got to number 3 and its messed up. priced a new one at $81 about 3 days out. so basically i need to find someone in the utah area that may have a used one that i can buy and use in this car. i was wanting to be back in oregon by weds. if anyone knows of a good geo forum that would help a lot too.
    Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
    1989 festiva lx (mine again)
    1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
    1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
    1989 dodge caravan turbo
    1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Got MPG?-Community-Headline News-Announcements & Suggestions-Introductions-The Geo Metro Lounge-Pictures/Videos-Gathers/Events-Metro Tech-Engine Tech & Diagnostics
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

thanks charlie
      Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
      1989 dodge caravan turbo

Comment

I'm in Taylorsville. Anything I can do to help, let me know. I saw at least a couple of Metros at Pick'n'pull on 3300 South today when I was there picking Festivas! PM me!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

if i can find one with the head already pulled that would help a lot
          Rod

1992 truckiva
          1989 dodge caravan turbo

Comment

Working...
          X