Folding up back seats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding up back seats???

Being a newbie to the festivas. I was looking at a car on ebay and the pictures shown that the back seat folds up. Is it that way on all of them or just certain ones. If it does on all, what is the trick to make it do it???
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways totally worn out, shouting...holy sh!t FESTIVA!!!!!!!

Re: Folding up back seats???

Originally posted by DontFearTheReaper
    Being a newbie to the festivas. I was looking at a car on ebay and the pictures shown that the back seat folds up. Is it that way on all of them or just certain ones. If it does on all, what is the trick to make it do it???
    Mine does (93 L). I'm sure they all do, correct me if I am wrong. You simply pull up the "buttons" on either side (top of seat back) and fold down. Then, you grab the bottom of the seat from the rear and push up and out to fold behind the driver/passenger seats.

My dad had the car for 6 years before selling to me, and I JUST FIGURED THIS OUT! Makes hauling stuff so much easier!
    A Festiva saved my life.
    Former owner of a '93 L.
    Rolled her at 120 km/h and walked away.
    R.I.P. "747"

Comment

COOL!!! I will have to check and see. Thanks
      Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways totally worn out, shouting...holy sh!t FESTIVA!!!!!!!

Comment

they actually all fold totally flat with the cushion side up

unlatch the two pull pins
        from the front, grab the back of the bottom cushion
        and pull towards you
        til the seat back clears the two hooks
        then let go
        and it will fold flat, as long as you don't have anything behind the seats

1988 and 1989 festiva LX's have a 50/50 split seat back

Comment

ex Mazda 121 FunTOP, ex Mazda Miata, now

[93 Mazda 323/Familia GTR Turbo 4WD]

Comment

Working...
          X