solid dry film coating... worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid dry film coating... worth it?

Hey guys I was just wondering is this even worth doing the coatin shop behind my work does a lot of nice this like the ceramic coating my pistons for me but the other thing they do is solid dry film coatin is it work the extra money an what does it do??
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

dry film helps on cold start-ups and low oil conditions. it's a good thing
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Many OEM's use dry film coating on their pistons (and have for some time). Also, there are aftermarket pistons available with the coating as well. Sometimes the coating must be considered in the piston-to-wall clearance, depending on what the coating is and how thick it is.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Well the shop behind my work has a deal for $128 they will sand blast ceremic coat an solid dry film your pistons but I can get it done without the dry film for cheaper so is it worth it??
        Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

For that price....I believe I would. I assume they do this (to pistons) on a regular basis, so they know what they're doing?
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

do it, if for anything, it's good insurance
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks guys. Plus if its nice id do it for anyone else on here just send the piston tops to me with pay an ill have them do it if your intrested
              Frankie

Comment

Working...
              X