No announcement yet.

Junkyard Find! Seriously pains me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to me that it has one smooth and one ribbed tail light, or am i looking wrong.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Is the interior tan????? If so I need the rear speaker mounts! Lemme know please! (It looks tan from the pics to me, don't judge if I'm just seeing things. haha)
      Mike Holmgren
      Thief Rvr Fls, MN
      1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
      "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Sorry to disappoint. But, it looks awfully gray to me. Hurry and get there before Issac does!
        Last edited by bravekozak; 08-29-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

It was worth asking! Lol! I've been having a heck of a time finding them...
          Mike Holmgren
          Thief Rvr Fls, MN
          1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
          "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

It is a shame. Such a clean car. Maybe the hatch was swapped from an LX. It does not have the LX seats or power mirrors. The last nice one I saw like that in a junk yard, I bought the hood and fenders just to have on hand in my parts stash. I see you're getting alot of requests for parts. If you would be willing to get them, I am in need of some good seat covers. If those are in fairly good condition I could use them. I could also use the pads above the door panels too. Of course I'd cover you're time and effort. If your interested PM me.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
              They want $27 each for them without tires. I will grab them, if someone confirms they want them. I'm running 13's now on mine, and just ordered trim rings for them this morning...
              These guys are GD pirates. Aluminum is $0.50/lb in 'their' world and they also are aware you're the first poor sucker in 2-3, maybe 4 years that actually wants 12 inch rims.

Also I wouldn't be scavenging any parts for other folks unless I had advance and hard cash in hand. I happen to have an un-used set of Festy alloys but I'll bet 'free' tire-dismounting, 'free' packing/handling and 'gratis' goods is not even adequate enough to move formerly desirable (12 inch rims!) things like this along from where I live.

But, life goes on. Cars are not unlike boats: a hole in the water into which you blissfully pour money.

Comment

I wish I could have that front clip! Why must you be so far away... I would love that hatch too but it sounds like you are keeping it lol
                -Josh R

Comment

hey if it has a pass side smoothie tail lite i need it i have a driver side one looking for a pass side one pm me if u can get it ill pay u for it ok thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                    Looks to me that it has one smooth and one ribbed tail light, or am i looking wrong.
                    That is correct... This was definitely someone who took what I'm guessing started life as a '91 L and made it into the beast that it is now...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                      Is the interior tan????? If so I need the rear speaker mounts! Lemme know please! (It looks tan from the pics to me, don't judge if I'm just seeing things. haha)
                      Crazy enough I couldn't tell. It's VERY dirty. It looked dark brown, and the interior didn't look gray... I'll get a better look today.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Ill take passenger corner marker and A/c compressor if you can grab !

that car looks to have power steering with A/c
                        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

does it have a power antenna at all with all the trimmings such as loom and switches cause if it does.. man i bags that please.
                          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km
                          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                            does it have a power antenna at all with all the trimmings such as loom and switches cause if it does.. man i bags that please.
                            Jawbreak:

We had VERY FEW options here in the states.. we had power steering for a total of 2 years (only as an option, very rare), and that was nearly our only power option. Manual windows, steering, power mirrors on the LX's.. you guys are the ones that got the sexy options.

Oh yeah. Manual antenna, too. :p
                            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                            1988 LX 5-speed
                            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
                            X