RIP Festiva, the story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Festiva, the story

If you dont remember, Im ONE OF the guys on here that posted about rims a few months ago. Turns out they were toyota celica wheels 13x7 with a 4x114.3(4.5) lug pattern... ANYWAYS

I HAD a 1989 ford festiva L.. 1.3 Carb. Blue with Tan interior.

base model, 4 speed tranny power nothing lol, you all know

i bought that car for $200 not running, got a new fuel pump and filter, started up like a champ. oil change spark plugs n wires etc.

i had that FASTiva on the road for about... tops 1 month.

some jerk cut me off in the middle of a busy and dangerous intersection, so i had no choice but to throw it in neutral, hit the brakes, steer myself to safety and pray (all in 2 seconds of time). i wound up sideswiping this guys mazda3 (my passenger side to his passenger side) my fastiva... was pronounced totaled... :cry_smile:

i cracked the casing for the trans, fender was shot, door and rear quarter panel damaged out. not a scratch on me OR MY PASSENGER!!! my little guy held up very nicely!! (for saving our butts) insurance claimed it has HIS FAULT, my fastiva never gave up on me lol, helped me out twice now!

few months went buy, i bought a few cars since then (all fords) now i have an 01 crown vic..

last week saw an add in the paper for a 91 festiva L for $2000.

I went and checked it out, just for laughs n memories, and now...

i am proud to announce that i am the owner of a 1991 Ford Festiva L 1.3 EFI 5 Speed!!! White with grey interior and only 78xxx miles!!! and (drumroll)

I got it for $1000 !!! half the price!!!

pics are required which such a story!!!!!

(pics of the new Festy, not the totaled one)
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

VERY happy ending to this post! Glad you are back!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

thanks guys, ill try to get pictures up ASAP. Im gonna take some good ones for you all

Comment

Wow...talked someone down half of the price? Good job!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
          X