1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Lack of parts availability

Comment

Ya but if you can get a B6T, you'd have all the parts to run it EFI, which brings back to the question of why?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Ya but if you can get a B6T, you'd have all the parts to run it EFI, which brings back to the question of why?
            And anything you'd need to replace can be easily found on Rockauto, Ebay, and or the use of Miata equivalent parts speaking from personal experience.
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I can't find a new Tps. Its for my capri. And everyone that says they have one must assume I onlly have monopoly money bc no one wants any of it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 88festivasam View Post
                I can't find a new Tps. Its for my capri. And everyone that says they have one must assume I onlly have monopoly money bc no one wants any of it. Lol

Comment

Are turbo and na sensors the same it doesn't say which its for

Comment

Where are you from? Cause if you're in the US, wouldn't there be a junkyard nearby you could look for one?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by 88festivasam View Post
                      Are turbo and na sensors the same it doesn't say which its for
                      XR2's are exclusively turbocharged.

Comment

I know all xr2s are turbo. I am askking wether the sensors are different beetween turbo and na. Being that the ebayer didn't specify turbo or na

Comment

yes they are the same....
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

To answer your original question, it would not be feasable to try and carb an EFI B6T. You would lose all the engine management control, plus, carbs and turbos don't mix very well. Yes, it's possible in theory, but there's a reason the car makers went to EFI on turbo motors as fast as they could (reference any of the carb'd turbo cars of the 1980s). If you had a carbureted car to start and decided to add a blow-thru turbo it would be different.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

They're the same between NA and turbo. If you have Capri parts needs - contact me first!! I have a massive pile of parts, and if I don't have it, I can point you where to get it. My buddy Russ has been running www.roo-sport.com for a year now & he can order new OE parts for you if NEW is what you need. And I know many other folks with parts cars, I've become quite the used parts peddler recently :p

Like I said: parts availability, especially electronics - NOT a problem with the Capri.
                              That being said, I have a couple GOOD USED tps' on hand - pm me if you're interested
                              1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                              High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                              Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                              X