Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookie here... we got ourselves a Cobra!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookie here... we got ourselves a Cobra!

Just picked this up today for a total of about $650.

The actual process of obtaining it was paying $400 and two trades with a cash value of about $200 for a 4 wheeler, then trading the 4 wheeler for a KZ440 and a Kawi 454 LTD, posting those on the local CL and negotiating a trade instead of a cash deal for this puppy here.

302CI with an Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 650 4bbl and custom side pipes.

PS - Anyone know what those wheels are from?
    Last edited by Christ; 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM.

drool
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Nice!!!
      What year is it?
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
        Nice!!!
        What year is it?
        I believe it's a 197(ugly)
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Nice gas pump
          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

It's a '77 Cobra II (hence the 4 lug)

Needs the interior redone and some light body work on the visible surfaces and a good cleaning under the hood, but it runs, drives and stops. And the PO said he drove it 3.5 hrs highway on about half a tank or so.

It's just a toy for me. I don't plan on DD'ing it or anything, but it DEFINITELY needs to get rid of those wheels and get some better shoes.

Comment

Nowadays people seem to put down the Mustang II's, but they forget (or maybe they weren't around then), that they were Very popular cars. Ford sold a lot of them! I always thought they were good-looking cars, with good performance potential.

Nothing in that era was a great performer, since they still had not figured out how to get power out of engines with the then-new cat emissions systems.

I'd say put one of the new Mustang V6's in there! Over 300 HP in an engine lighter than the V8 would be.

Great find BTW. Congrats!!
              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
              Mark S.

Comment

Eh, if I don't like this one, i've got a 70k mile 351W with M heads and a 20k mile C3 for it.

The only other option for me would be an ECOBOOST setup because they're so tunable, but then we're talking some serious cheddar.

I'd sooner put a 6.9 with a twincharger setup in it than spend that kind of money... 700HP, over 1k torque, and I can run it on whatever happens to be in that jug over there.

Comment

Also, the body style isn't really popular for much more than parts for other cars... however, because of that, many, many of them are headed for junkyards. Keeping one and restoring it is a good idea right now if you can afford it, because with less and less clean examples being available, I have a feeling prices are gonna skyrocket on them in the next 10 years for clean, mostly original restorations.

And parts are still on the cheap for 'em.

Comment

I had a 78 with a five liter in it just before my Festiva...

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I like it. I have an 82 with a 5.0/c3 in my back pasture for a later project.
                      Donn

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                        Also, the body style isn't really popular for much more than parts for other cars... however, because of that, many, many of them are headed for junkyards. Keeping one and restoring it is a good idea right now if you can afford it, because with less and less clean examples being available, I have a feeling prices are gonna skyrocket on them in the next 10 years for clean, mostly original restorations.

And parts are still on the cheap for 'em.
                        it's already a vintage... do the restoration.. trust me when i say this "short-term investment for long-term gain"

Meaning simply, the longer you keep it in a restored fashion, the higher the price will be when it comes time to sell it. Big collectors will have already taken note of what they're after, just upto you to divvy it up for the big cheddar.

BTW, NICE CAR MANG.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                          PS - Anyone know what those wheels are from?
                          AR-24 wheels, perhaps.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=318286
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

nice looking car IMO.. definately worth a restoration.
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

My cousins and I used to own lots of those back in the early '80s (I had 3). Loved them.

You can upgrade them to 5 lug and 4 wheel discs by using Granada pieces in the front and a Lincoln Versailles rear axle in back. Magnum 500 wheels will fit then.

The Versailles axle is a 9" ring gear, but will be hard to come by now. If you don't mind drums in back, just use the Granada rear axle.

BTW, you can do the same thing to a Pinto.
                              Last edited by JPT; 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X