Festiva rally tour video fundraiser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva rally tour video fundraiser!

Hey Guys. So I've posted here a bit, and Fastivaca has talked about us, but there's big news today about the all-Festiva musical-rally-road-show called Gumsphere 300. We just launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise the final funds for our 30-day North American tour; the site has a video with our eight Festys in it (including postman101's sweet BP swap that we bought off the forums, and leapin's sister's old L that we picked up last summer). I'm slowly posting our swaps here to the forums but honestly there's little time for that as I'm working on all our cars at once! (It's scary).

Anyway, I feel a bit weird asking the community that's been so helpful thus far for even MORE help, but if you're half as excited about this project as we are, we'd love for you to pass that excitement along to your friends. And hey, if you have some bucks for us, we'll also appreciate that - with swag!

Check out www.indiegogo.com/gumsphere-300 for the video, tour stops and all the donation rewards, and please spread/share the word on facebook and twitter or wherever. We're hitting the road October 12, 2012, and there's a good chance we'll cruise close by to many of you. We'll be updating the campaign page and the blog ( www.gumsphere300.com ) on a regular basis now, so check back for photos of our garage, the bands and the swag.

Ok?? Sooo my impression of this is that you and some friends wanna drive cross country playing music and need money for it and are looking for donations? (in other words asking for others to help pay for your road trip)

That's just my impression of it so correct me if I'm wrong

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Seems like a pretty cool idea to me. There should have been an option to get into one of the shows for free.

The last package is interesting. BP Festiva delivered to your door!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I am SOOO donating, and I'll be at the Salt lake, and Salt Flat's shows for sure! Such a cool idea!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Prafeston, we threw around the idea of free shows and figured it would be really complicated to organize prizing categories around it (one for each city or one for all the cities? the former is complicated, the later caries risks), plus we have different agreements with different venues. BUT if anyone wants to help us out a little and is looking for free entry to a show, we can most likely make it work! Just ask!

Also, the BP Festivas will have the aspire swap, the G-trans, a couple of interior goodies like aspire rear seat bottoms, intermittent wiper switches, centre console storage boxes, a variety of different front seats (depends on car), etc, and kia struts and stiffer springs in the rear as well. We didn't mention this in the fundraiser because most people who aren't on this forum wouldn't know what that meant haha.

Thank you for the support thus far! It is really appreciated!

Comment

I'm spreading the word, and I'm a contributor to the cause. Everyone think about how cool this idea is. Think about the people that are going to come to this website because of this tour! (Somebody needs to get 8 FordFestiva.com stickers shipping to Canada quick!)

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Damkid, it's a lot more than "hey I want to go on vacation, please help." This festival is a business venture for us and the artists/writers/musicians/etc. We are investing a lot of our money into it, but we're far from rich! So we're asking for any help (through passing the word or through donations) from people who are excited by the festival and we're giving some awesome prizes in return! We hope to do it again next year if we can but the first year is always the hardest. It is difficult to get corporate sponsors for something that hasn't been done yet (we got lucky and had a sponsor but they dropped after realizing they spent too much on a nascar last year… seriously). Kickstarter and Indiegogo are full of people's business ventures, from pressing a CD; to developing a iphone camera lens; to printing a book; to new software; to music, arts, etc. festivals.

We're not in it purely for our own enjoyment; we are taking writers, cinematographers, artists and 2 emerging bands so they can all gain experience and grow, all within an original context and with cars we love! (And it's going to be far from a vacation: 30 days, 12,000 miles, stuffed 3 to 4 people per Festiva with gear and all, sleeping in them more than half the time or on gracious unknown hosts' floors - it's going to be a lot of fun, but also a lot of suffering.)

Comment

I've met both John and Andrew and thier passion for this venture is amazing. They also have passion for Festivas (who wouldn't ? ) and have helped me out on a couple of occasions with parts.

To add some financial perspective... gas alone is going to be somewhere between $8000 & $10000 for the trip.

I've been more than happy to help out when I've been able and don't see this adventure as a "vacation" at all.

I'll get off my soap box now...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thanks, Ian!

I'm Andrew's brother John, and I appreciate all the excitement on this forum, and the help we've received. This trip isn't for everyone, and I kinda understand Damkid's reticence. Suffice to say that I understand where you're coming from, and assure you that we're professionals. Look at it this way: when the Rolling Stones go on tour, somebody bankrolls them. . . and while we're not the Stones, we are touring and we do need all the support we can get! Indie bands, AWAY!

Comment

Is there a set route? I was looking at the website and it seems there's a lot of stuff "coming soon".
                    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Sorry but mentioning how the rolling stones get funded while on tour, well they fill stadiums so it's worth people to invest in their tour, I just seen that as a poor comparison is all

So I think i understand what you guys are trying to do and I wish you luck with your tour, but no thanks

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                        Is there a set route? I was looking at the website and it seems there's a lot of stuff "coming soon".
                        The route is described in the video.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Well, I'm not going to watch the video on my cell phone, I don't have unlimited data.
                          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                          2005 Accord - wife's DD
                          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

There might be a few last minute changes to one or two of the smaller cities, but the route on the video goes as such:
                            October
                            11 - Calgary
                            12 - Revelstoke
                            13 - Vancouver
                            14 - Seattle
                            15 - Portland
                            16 - Boise
                            17 - Salt Lake City
                            18 - Salt Lake Flats / Wendover (possible change)
                            19 - San Francisco
                            20 - Los Angeles
                            21 - Las Vegas
                            22 - Phoenix
                            23 - El Paso
                            24 - Odessa (possible change)
                            25 - Austin
                            26 - New Orleans
                            27 - Atlanta
                            28 - Nashville
                            29 - Asheville (I like this Nashville to Asheville business)
                            30 - Richmond
                            31 - New York
                            November
                            1 - Boston
                            2 - Montreal
                            3 - Toronto
                            4 - Detroit
                            5 - Chicago
                            6 - Minneapolis
                            7 - Winnipeg
                            8 - Regina
                            9 - Edmonton

The list will be posted on the site very shortly!

Comment

Badges for the $15, $20 and $75 level rewards have arrived and I like them! They're about 4" in diameter. If you want one, hit us up on www.indiegogo.com/gumsphere-300. gadelbert1 already has!

Comment

Working...
                              X