No announcement yet.

Junkyard Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still wish they sold it instead of scrapping it.. me likey.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I'd LOVE to have that split back seat! Me=jealous.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

That is actually the pattern that 90LX seats had with the removeable headrests and split back seat. It isn't the same as the 91-93 GL seat patterns
        -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
          That is actually the pattern that 90LX seats had with the removeable headrests and split back seat. It isn't the same as the 91-93 GL seat patterns
          Oh. I guess I've just never seen a 90LX interior. :p Still want, it's so pretty..

Did it come with red stripes (not sport stripes), too?
          1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

nope just the blue
            -Josh R

Comment

Go back n check for the tray man!
              Ford Fester

Comment

There is a complete and straight 89 LX at Ecology here in Phoenix. It's white. It made me very mad to see it in the salvage yard and not in my garage. It's in better shape than any of my cars and it's going to be crushed. I got the cluster and the rear cargo cover from it. May go back this week and get the doors, hatch, hood and fenders which are all in perfect condition. The interior is dry and dusty, headrests are cracked, but the back seat is pretty nice. I wish people would list these cars on craigslist before sending them for scrap for the measly 200 dollars. How many of us would have jumped at the chance to have a straight, rust free, shiny and nicely maintained (engine still looks new in it, not a leak and everything is shiny and nice) 89 LX? I would have given the owner 10 times what they got from the scrap yard without hesitation. It probably just sat for too long and the carb got gummed up. Ugh!

There was no storage tray under the seat, I checked, it does have a tilt column though. The drivers side mirror glass is broken.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

If it's that clean, with all the folks losing crucial frame pieces to rust, you might be able to cut out frame sections (Rear beam mounts, radiator support, etc.) and sell them to a fellow enthusiast.
                  Owner of:
                  1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                  In progress:
                  BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Not worth the trouble. Welding in new panels only leaves the car twice as vulnerable to corrosion as it was originally. It would be better if there was some way to get word out there that these, and other nice cars shouldn't be sent to scrap, instead it's worth it to post ads and find out first of someone wants the car. Rust free cars go to the crusher at an amazing rate out here and it's just not right. It isn't environmentally friendly, it isn't better for safety, it isn't anything but a way for manufacturers to get the good alternatives to new cars off the roads and force the public to buy new. Worse of all, our tax dollars are hard at work making sure it stays that way.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I got what I needed from them. I totally forgot to check for the underseat tray. I will maybe have a few things for sale from this stuff though. Back seats, map pockets, rear speaker trim with stock speakers...not sure if they work.
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

If you're entitled to buy parts from untitled and officially retired cars then surely you can offer to buy all of the parts at once (ie the entire car). What happens to it after that is nobody's business. Yes, no? These aren't valuable Ferraris or Porches we're talking about.

Comment

No, that doesn't fly. These are huge corporate owned yards, they don't even bend the rules and the people that work there may as well be Wal-Mart associates, they don't care about what makes sense, they just do what they are told to do.

Comment

Speaking of that.. I was up in Indy PullaP a few weeks back, and was talking to someone who worked there.

He was talking about a '61 Coupe Deville that came in a few days prior, driven in, with no rust or dings. Nice interior, and I REPEAT DRIVEN IN. Reason for scrapping? The owner couldn't "Get the turn signal to work".

It was late and I didn't get to see it, but just the thought sickened me. What'd he get, like $450 for an $8k+ car?

Just doesn't make sense.
                            1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

Some people don't understand how easy it is to sell a car on the internet. Heck that think could have been driven to a lot somewhere in town with a For Sale sign on it. Probably would have had it sold in a week.
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                                Speaking of that.. I was up in Indy PullaP a few weeks back, and was talking to someone who worked there.

He was talking about a '61 Coupe Deville that came in a few days prior, driven in, with no rust or dings. Nice interior, and I REPEAT DRIVEN IN. Reason for scrapping? The owner couldn't "Get the turn signal to work".

It was late and I didn't get to see it, but just the thought sickened me. What'd he get, like $450 for an $8k+ car?

Just doesn't make sense.
                                That makes me sick to my stomach as well!
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X