sway bar mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sway bar mounts

Does anyone know where to get come sway bar mounts for a good price?
    Doc Browns' other car was a Festiva

Are you talking the bushings through the LCA (lower control arm) or the rubber ones mounted on the rad support? Typically you head for a U-pull with a wheelbarrow full of tools and keep undoing stuff off more modern cars until you find what you want or think you can adapt. Festy sway bars are about 15/16" in diameter and Aspires are about 1 1/16". If you split a chunk of 1 inch PVC or similar plastic pipe, or find a chunk of 1 inch ID resilient hose that might work as a usable sleeve/bushing for a sway bar.

By the way; what's the scoop on the pic feature picture of your site? Is that Hulk Hogan in the passenger seat with his head near poking through the sun roof?

Comment

The ones on the Rad support I found some new ones but they want like 75 for the set.I have new Moog bushings on my lca's. The pic is from a movie called suburban commando and yes that is Hulk Hogan it's the only movie I know of with a Festiva chase scene.

Comment

^^LX with only a passenger mirror. Mmm, that's gotta be illegal in California. :nono:

:p
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

If you look hard you'll notice the drivers side door is missing

Comment

energy suspension 22mm size,you have to fab a mounting plate,but well worth the effort ,at auto zone for $22

Comment

When I was putting on an Aspire sway bar I just took the two best cushioned sleeves of the bunch and installed those. Festys are shorter than Aspire but are still contained well within the mounting plates. Next time around I think I'll be looking at some version of commercial hydraulic hose to make the sleeves. Can't be rocket science unless someone out there assures me (us) that these things are supposed to be downright rigid.

Comment

Working...
              X