Getting harder to keep motivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting harder to keep motivated

When I started my KL swap I was pumped and excited to see it through to the end and couldn't wait to work on it and I'm very proud of myself for pulling it off, it's been one hell of a learning experience and just plain bragging rights... Whenever I open my hood to someone new the reaction is better then anything I ever got with the B6T

I've learned so much from building this thing that I want to push myself more to see what else I can do/learn and it always gets me thinking about other project ideas, once I get thinkin about starting a new project I honestly have a hard time getting motivated to work on my festiva

My goal was to see it through until it was turbo'd, I still have some kinks to work out but im driving it daily with a snail under the hood, so I can pretty much say I've reached my goal

So with the desire for a fresh project and the lack of motivation I've been having lately, I'll honestly say I've had the thoughts to sell it off, but it'll be hard to let it go, so I'm very up in the air on it

Who else has lost motivation with their projects and has thought about selling, or has sold their projects?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Sell it for dirt cheap... to me. Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

I try not to burn myself out by staying busy with multiple projects and tasks. Thats how I keep my motivation. But yeah I came close to selling my custom honda ruckus after I modded the hell outta it.
      2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
      2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
      1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

Me. My bpt is ready to be torn apart and scrapped. I have a white shell that'll be the bpt with the auto but I can never find time or motivation to do anything. All I do anymore is work.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by pointA2B View Post
          I try not to burn myself out by staying busy with multiple projects and tasks. Thats how I keep my motivation. But yeah I came close to selling my custom honda ruckus after I modded the hell outta it.

^^i don't really have room for multiple projects though, and anything else I've been working on lately has been maintenance and that gets old pretty fast lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Chris, I've been there before. Take a step away from it for a short while, and you'll get back to it when your ready.
            Go do a project with your daughter.

As soon as all these festivas leave (oct 4th) You'll see project power wheels corvette in my race garage. It's the only GM I'll work on lol
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              ^^i don't really have room for multiple projects though, and anything else I've been working on lately has been maintenance and that gets old pretty fast lol
              sounds like you just need to take a break from projects then.
              2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
              2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
              1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

Put it away for a while. Maybe do what I've been planning, and build a teardrop camper to go with it. It's not Festiva work, but it's for the Festiva, and you don't need to pay for a hotel when you drive to Madness...

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i have a 1989 merkur xr4ti and a fox body 5.0 both do not run due to electrical issues. the merkur isnt all that fast but its rare to see them around anymore even in the dry parts of the country. I used to love the attention it got, because most people do not know what they are in the US, other than donor cars to turbo something else. In Europe you can recognize them as a ford sierra, which got better engines and all the extras.

My festiva isnt running either, and its not even a project. I did a motor swap to just make it a quick daily driver, and lost motivation to buy another JY motor for it right now.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

In my case, I just take a long break (rest and sleep a lot lol) or fix other stuffs. It will just come back and you'll never know you're on it again.
                    Godspeed...
                    click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                    1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                    93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                    97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                    94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                    95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                    97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                    Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                    97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                    2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

I'm also very tempted by another project car but there's no rush on it so I have some time to decide

I will say this, if my festiva gets put up for sale, it will be sold as a complete running car, I won't part it out because at that point I'd rather keep it

Comment

For therapy you should completely disassemble it, replace all fasteners with stainless steel, blueprint mechanicals, powdercoat suspension components, and repaint body with 10-stage process wetsanding between coats with 1000 grit.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                          For therapy you should completely disassemble it, replace all fasteners with stainless steel, blueprint mechanicals, powdercoat suspension components, and repaint body with 10-stage process wetsanding between coats with 1000 grit.
                          I like this idea!! ^^^
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

You just need a RWD v6 one to match. If being the first to do something or accomplish what others count off as stupid or not doable, seems to be your ego boost and motivation to get back in it, then there you go. We like to see what you are up to, do it for your fans lol.

PS if Ontario was hundreds not thousands of miles away i know of buyers for v6 festivas. I know you said youd help build another for a member in the past, sigh..
                            Last edited by getnpsi; 09-21-2012, 02:11 PM.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                              Put it away for a while. Maybe do what I've been planning, and build a teardrop camper to go with it. It's not Festiva work, but it's for the Festiva, and you don't need to pay for a hotel when you drive to Madness...

Yes!! Document well!
                              Driver of the all new CueBall

Wife of JR, driver of 8ball

:angel5:

Comment

Working...
                              X