value of a Justy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of a Justy?

I'm in a predicament where I need a daily driver, I've totally stopped working/putting money into my aspire until I get another car. I know a guy who has a subaru justy that is pretty clean for an Ohio car and the interior is very nice for an older car. It's got about 100k on the clock, and came from eastern Pennsylvania. It was in an accident with a deer that slightly knocked the fender out of square with the door panel on the passenger side, but its not blantantly obvious. The same accident tweaked the frame a little but it was repaired and is driveable, I haven't crawled under to see it first hand yet.

I've heard a lot of people talk about these cars like they're something special, but I don't know anything about them, so I was wondering what the big deal is with them? It's 4wd wich is awesome imo, and a 5 speed. I know I can get it for fairly cheap, but is it worth it? What do I have to look forward to as far as maintenance issues and such..?
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-21-2012, 01:08 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

The only thing bad I've heard about them is the CVT auto trans which yours is not.

Comment

drop FestYboy a line about the Justy!
      He is a Justy aficionado!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

something like that... need to know what year the Justy is before i can go into details.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'll stop by and talk to him tomorrow if I get a chance, maybe check it out and get more details. I see him driving it all over town and just talked to him for a minute about it.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
          X