"Limited Edition" Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Limited Edition" Festiva?

I found a "Limited Edition" 1989 Festiva at the junk yard today. It had a small silver badge on the rear hatch proclaiming it to be a Limited Edition.
    Is there such a thing? I saw no difference that would make it so. The car had cloth seats, looked like an aftermarket steering wheel, A/C, auto trans and a red stripe down the side.

Probably something the dealer did to try and increase sales and mark up the price.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I forgot to mention that the car had some chrome type wheels and some rectangle ID badges glued on around the key holes on the doors that just said FORD on them. All these things sure could have been dealer installed.

Comment

Originally posted by toonces
        I forgot to mention that the car had some chrome type wheels and some rectangle ID badges glued on around the key holes on the doors that just said FORD on them. All these things sure could have been dealer installed.
        There was no "Limited Edition" Festiva from the mfg.. probably just stickers someone stuck on there just like those square keylock emblems. Which are aftermarket.
        No US Festiva came from the mfg with a chrome wheel package.

Steelies, Steelies with chrome trim rings and Alluminum Alloys (the GL Sport had them painted)

But just as stated above dealers did all kinds of things to boost profit on these little cars. None of these fancy sticker packages were factory.
        The only "REAL" Special US Festiva from the factory was the 92 GL Sport.

Comment

What was so special about the 92 GL Sport? hatchback spoiler?
          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva
            What was so special about the 92 GL Sport? hatchback spoiler?
            ... different interior, rear defog, rear wiper, door pockets, alloys (either white or grey).
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I've got rear defrost on mine, and it's an 88!!!!
              89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
              92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
              New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
              X