Festiva Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Registry

I've read somewhere that Kia imported around 350,000 Festivas stateside between 1987 and 1993. Now 19 years since the last Festiva rolled onto American soil I am curious as to how many are out there today? I understand this will be quite a task but with 11,348 current members we might me able to give it a good shot!

Now the question of getting the details we would need without having to much displayed on the net as to infringe on owners privacy. So if everyone would please post their opinons and ideas so maybe we could get this rolling?

My idea:
    Last 5 of Vin: (Not sure on Festy's but most vehicles I've owned the last 5 show production # but hold no real information)
    Year:
    Trim Level:
    Color:
    Status: (Driven, Parts Car, Junkyard Find, Wrecked or Dead)
    Extra Details: (Anything a owner would like to share, like how many owners or original dealership purchased from or current location, etc..)

Let me know what ya'll think!
    ~Brian

There is a thread somewhere with the number of registered Festivas as of a few years ago...... somewhere...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Where I work (the re-marketing division of a rental car company) we use the last 8 of the VIN. This will include the build year.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Here you go sir

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Well cool! Thanks for finding that Charlie, apparently I'm not that good at searching? Great info in that thread though but wonder how accurate the 56,XXX actually is?
          ~Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Ape View Post
            Well cool! Thanks for finding that Charlie, apparently I'm not that good at searching? Great info in that thread though but wonder how accurate the 56,XXX actually is?
            No worries I tried searching and couldn't find it either. I just happened to remember who started the thread so that made it easier. I'd imagine the 56,000 is pretty accurate however that is only registered festivas that doesn't count a large chunk that are not registered.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
              No worries I tried searching and couldn't find it either. I just happened to remember who started the thread so that made it easier. I'd imagine the 56,000 is pretty accurate however that is only registered festivas that doesn't count a large chunk that are not registered.
              True, and as it seems everyone on the forum that owns one runner has 2-3 parts cars haha. But ya wonder if the number has increased or decreased since 2010? Gonna PM RocketMan to see if he can do another search
              ~Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Ape View Post
                True, and as it seems everyone on the forum that owns one runner has 2-3 parts cars haha. But ya wonder if the number has increased or decreased since 2010? Gonna PM RocketMan to see if he can do another search
                That would be interesting- It would be cool if it increased but I doubt there are enough of us people who would rather fix them vs scrap them. It would be interesting regardless.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

The thread I made last year are the most recent numbers I have, I've sent an email off to see if there is an updated list. I'll post them up if he sends anything new along.

-Rocket
                  1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                  High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                  Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Cool thanks Rocketman!
                    ~Brian

Comment

Here is a link to page for another vehicle I have with the same registry idea. Let's cut and paste, steal shamelessly.
                      '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                      '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                      '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

Working...
                      X