What to scavenge off donor car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to scavenge off donor car?

My MX-6 is now becoming the donor car for my Festiva. I will be taking the entire front subframe and suspension to use in the mid/back of my Festiva. So what I plan on keeping is this: engine, transmission, subframe, hubs, brakes, CV axles, wheels/tyres, engine accessories, entire steering assembly, entire front suspension, along with bits of the body where the mounts and suspension ties in (to save locating that all later). For the computer, I will be going aftermarket, so I'm not sure I should save any of the wiring besides like the engine harness. But the car also has ABS, and I'm not sure whether that's something I can (or want to) keep.

Anyhow, I just wanted to see if I'm missing something as I don't have room to keep the whole car around and it'll be getting scrapped once I've pulled everything.

why save the steering if your goung MR? the arms should be locked into place with adjustable links, not the rack.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well I'm going to use MX-6 parts up front as well, and keep the same track width there. The rear will get adjustable links.

Comment

Do yourself the favor and keep the wiring/ecu, it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it
        Last edited by Damkid; 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^ so true!
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Every nut, bolt, and fastener, that you can grab. You'd be surprised how helpful these can be, when you need them the most.
            Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll do that. I don't know why I'd not thought to grab all the other fasteners from the rest of the car. Makes sense. I'll grab the ECU as well then.

Hoping to get the engine/tranny pulled today!

Comment

Can't wait to see this come to life! I've been wanting to do this for very long now.
                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

It'll be slow going. I'm no Damkid, and I work 2 jobs. I'll post some pics of my progress and just what I'll be using to make it happen. But I won't really be getting going on this until spring.

As for the ABS, I'm going to scrap it.

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                    It'll be slow going. I'm no Damkid, and I work 2 jobs.
                    Pfft excuses :p

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^ lol fair enough...at least I'm actually doing it though. :p Sure it won't be fwd, but, I'll get traction. haha

Comment

I might add, I won't be using the stock KLDE, but either a KLZE or KLG4. Do you know much about the KLG4 Damkid? The solid lifters have my interest for it.

Comment

I haven't played around with the KLG4's..... Yet.... So i dont know tooo many technical details on them but I've tossed around the idea of getting one for a future project

Comment

I do hope you do play around with one. I'm sure that'd help me out having your input. It's always good to have.

Anyways, new thread on this project: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...830#post547830

Comment

Working...
                            X