Needing some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing some help

Now this is a tall order.. But hoping there is someone out there willing to lend a hand or an idea?

Ya see I found a Festiva that looks in great shape in Dallas Tx. Well I'm down in Alexandria, Louisiana so its a five hour one way trip for me. So first off if I go all that way to find out the car is a lemon then I just burned up 100bucks in gas by the time I return home. So I thought about a one way Greyhound ticket to Dallas but that will run $80 on top of the lemon risk. Then theres shipping the car but thats would another $400 and would take two weeks. Lots of risk's involved I cant really afford to take. And kind of needing the car by monday morning... So defiantly in a tight spot

So I come to ya'll to ask for any help or advice you might be willing to give to a newbie and ex-service member?

By the way here is the Festy I'm looking at! Mee yow huh?
    ~Brian

I bet there is someone in Texas that can look at the car and give you a thumbs up or a no go.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

There are a couple members in the DFW area, you just have to watch out that they don't scoop it up. Lol.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yea I was kind of hoping someone in the Dallas area wouldnt mind checking it out. The owner said he's in the Oak Cliff area if that helps. But defiantly worried they will end up scooping it up! Beautiful car for the price!
        ~Brian

Comment

If you can't get somebody to go look at it, I think I would roll the dice and go look at it. It looks like a good body on it and any other parts can be replaced fairly cheaply if you can do some of your own work. You might call the guy and ask him to take his cell phone and hold it near the engine while he revs the motor. At least that way you could tell if there were any bad noises and if the engine sounded smooth when running. The picture was taken in front of a parking meter so there is no way the car has been sitting there and not driven,
          Last edited by Festy46; 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Almost all major cities have mobile car inspection services (mostly because of
            eBay sales) that range from $99 + I wouldn't buy any car sight unseen.

Comment

Originally posted by seattlestiva View Post
              Almost all major cities have mobile car inspection services (mostly because of
              eBay sales) that range from $99 + I wouldn't buy any car sight unseen.
              I do tend to agree. Buuuttt, My very first ebay purchase was a sight unseen, except for pics. 1990 K2500 Suburban in Philly. Flew out and drove it home. It only quit 4 times on the way home....lol.

My 1993 Festiva was also sight unseen, except for pics. Hit "buy it now", drove to Cleveland, OH with trailer in tow and brought it home.

Comment

Where at in Dallas? I might be able to look at it. I work in Dallas.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                First time owner
                89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
                Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

Oak Cliff area I see.
                  What do you want me to look for?

First time owner

Comment

97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

That is a dang sexy Festiva. You're lucky I don't live near!

Comment

I saw it on craigslist ,I will call and see if I can look at it 4 ya.
                        Donn

Comment

Damn! Thanks for all the response's! Really a great bunch of guys here! But Oren09 has already agreed to check it out for me so fingers crossed that he will give the thumbs up and I'll be headed up there saturday morning!! Or jumpn on a Greyhound tomorrow night? Haha freakn stoked!

But twopass and jbuck thanks for the offers, if Oren09 has something pop up I'll shoot ya'll a PM

Thanks
                          ~Brian

Comment

Ok. I'll back off looking at it then.

First time owner

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to tell the seller as well that you are coming 5 hours and relying on this car being able to make it. If the seller is a decent person they will tell you anything to be prepared for. Such as "there is a howl every once in a while in the right rear" or something along those lines- so you can be prepared or pass it up.

It was easy for me to take the risk flying to Cali to get my festy, since it was from a reputable member who did amazing work! I don't regret it one bit.

So I say go for it!
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                              X