Vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtec?

Yea, I know. An asian engine in a Festiva.

I was just curious as to if anybody has ever tried and succeeded to swap a

Vtec engine into a Festiva. Some of the stripped civics are pretty fast once

that Vtec finally kicks in, think about what it could do with a Festiva! That

would make the ultimate race car, wouldn't it?

festivas come stock with an asian engine.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Its been done. Search function is your friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Lol at Honduh guys... "Hey, did ya'll see that, I was going around that corner and I hit VTEC!" They crack me up so bad. And yes, other than that V8 festiva with I think a 350, I don't think I've ever seen one that DIDN'T have an Asian engine. The principle behind VTEC is not used solely by Honda, they were just the only ones with a "fanbase" who (on average, not every single person) would dumb enough to think that having a little blinky light on the dashboard made their car have some kind of magical "turbo power" when all its doing is adjusting the timing at high RPMs.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yup everyone swaps in Honda engines, that's why it's so commonly seen on here.....

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

V-TEC is TOTALLY a better idea than a BP-T. (as long as you are willing to wait for it to "kick in")

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

A little less conversation, a little more action, please!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                they were just the only ones with a "fanbase" who (on average, not every single person) would dumb enough to think that having a little blinky light on the dashboard made their car have some kind of magical "turbo power" when all its doing is adjusting the timing at high RPMs.
                I have a VTEC in my Del Sol and I don't have a little "blinky light" at all on my dash. I don't know where you got that unless other Honda models have it. I also am not dumb enough to think my car has any "turbo power" at any speed. Be careful how you lump Honda drivers together. I think it would be great to put a VTEC in a Festiva if possible. Big Red would be a fast little bugger no doubt!
                Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                2004 Mazda 3
                -----------
                5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Stivadiva View Post
                  I also am not dumb enough to think my car has any "turbo power" at any speed. Be careful how you lump Honda drivers together.
                  Not to be rude, but obviously you did not read what I wrote, even though you proceeded to quote me, but I'll put this here again for you.

"they were just the only ones with a "fanbase" who (on average, not every single person) would be dumb enough to think that having a little blinky light on the dashboard made their car have some kind of magical "turbo power" when all its doing is adjusting the timing at high RPMs."

And yes, I have seen plenty with the blinky light, and plenty of kids who thought that light turned their car into a beast. I have even heard it said more than once that "hitting VTEC is pretty much the same as having NOS, you just don't have to buy the bottles". Sorry, but that is just dumb. Not all Honda drivers think that way, and I'm not knocking variable timing, just pointing out that its not some magical thing that Honda owns rights too.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                    A little less conversation, a little more action, please!
                    My thoughts exactly

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Okay, I accept the fact that you must know a lot of Honda drivers and have heard these things said. No problem.
                      Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                      1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                      2004 Mazda 3
                      -----------
                      5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Here's a link. The swap and car looks like it was done well and I would like I get more information on it.

Comment

I don't get it... In what way is a VTEC a better swap than a BP? Because it took way more effort to get no real performance increase? The amount of work that would go into it, just wouldn't be worth it. There is NOTHING better about a Honda Engine than a Mazda Engine. I put Mazda right there with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota as top rung quality wise. Well above Suzuki, Subuaru, Hyundai/Kia. If you are going to say that it's VTEC that makes the difference, I'd say the VVT-i of a Toyota is a better system (And it doesn't EAT oil when you are pushing it like Hondas do. And yes I have a VVT-i in my driveway right now).

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                          1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                          1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                          1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                          1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                          1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                          1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Vtec is a little different than vvt. Vtec actually has a separate larger cam lobe that is controled by oil pressure and a solenoid buy the ecu to engage it. In essence, a switch on race cam. VVT is just simply that variable valve timing. Also controled by oil and a solenoid, but the oil simply changes the angle of the gear in relation to the cam by a few degrees.
                            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

IMHO, vtec is useless however, however VVT is an innovation.

Honda motors are all hype. Having road race against them, 120 mazda hp = 160 honda hp.

Actually, i hate honda's, they are pretty useless unless you want to go in a straight line or drop 20k for an s2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X