Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had thought.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.

Well I've found a festival local to me. Trans is shot though. Rather than replace the trans I figured I might as well do the BP swap. Well with the garage full of projects and another car coming in in a week, I wondered if one of the vets or someone who has done the swap would want to make some extra cash and some beer ( or drink of choice) lunch/ dinner if you do not drink. ?
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Too far away for me to come help

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Seems like everybody nonchalantly 'tosses a B8 in to a Festy' these days. That's what you'd think from reading in this site. But remember there are 10,000 members and likely only a few hundred serious swappers. B6 single cam mated to B3 tranny is by far the quickest and easiest. Everything else requires serious time and effort. By my reckoning any engine transplant should double the value of a car. But it doesn't. Then there are Aspire upgrades etc etc in order to keep up performance issues with this stuff. This is the 'space race' but in a $50 format.
      You can entice some help and guidance provided you have all the donor parts and everything else (cash and cold beer?) on hand. Myself, I'm figuring it would run a coupla of grand to entice some of the 'big boys' to help me engineer and assemble a proper fire-breathing Festy.

Comment

Wait I got my engines wrong or said it backwards.....ugh my head hurts.
        B6t
        Can someone please delete my duplicate thread.
        OK if I got this right, its the b6 engine that I'm thinking about swapping. I was reading about it Nd you have to notch part of the material by the flywheel.
        I'm going to go read again, been trolling on engine swaps.
        Last edited by MiltonHavoc; 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM.
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

First off what engine and tranny are you planning to use? I know you said BP but then you mention B6T?

Personally I think Bert needs a bit more experience with engine swaps before he says a BP swap is a huge job, if i were to do a BP swap, i bet itd take me a day or two start to finish, depending on the trans you use it could be a very simple swap to do

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Just wait and buy one of the one from the GUMSPHERE300. They will deliver it to your house with every upgrade you want, and a nice running BP installed!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

If your thinking a quick and easy swap, just toss in a b6. Everything is bolt in and go (basically). You'll spend more time cleaning parts then turning wrenches! And have a nice little boost in power for a small pricetag. I had less than $200 into mine, even with a new clutch.
              07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
              91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
              90 Festiva figure 8 racer
              90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

B6 seems to be the right swap for me. Driver ability, good power boost, turbo...supercharged if I have my way. I just don't have the physical room right now or I would be all over it.
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Working...
                X