No announcement yet.

Hyundai Excel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Hyundai has a stronger chassis than a Festiva. I can personally attest to one handling over a year's worth of track abuse with a 350HP 4G63 running a T3/T4 and nitrous with propane injection on stock injectors and not buckling the chassis. As far anything else goes, couldn't tell you, but my (bone stock) '94 GL sedan lasted through 15k miles of total terror with the only exception being a drift through a stone lot at 80+ lodging a stone between the tire and rim and letting the air out, and one 70 MPH jump off a 6' ledge into a corn field resulting in a dented oil pan and crushing part of the exhaust, as well as a bit of shock fluid leakage.

Comment

That said, I'd buy the whole car and fix it, at least to flip it. My auto was getting 42MPG regularly when I wasn't trying to destroy the car completely.

I finally rolled it 3 times while being held into the seat by a ratchet strap because a previous "fun" moment actually broke the seat belt. I still miss it. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
        That said, I'd buy the whole car and fix it, at least to flip it. My auto was getting 42MPG regularly when I wasn't trying to destroy the car completely.

I finally rolled it 3 times while being held into the seat by a ratchet strap because a previous "fun" moment actually broke the seat belt. I still miss it. :/
        Car companies ought to hire you as an 'vehicle tester', or real-life crash test dummy. And for this reason you gravitated to Festys? That's saying something.

Comment

Called the lady today. She is pretty sure it doesn't run and still hasn't figured out if she'd sell just the seats. She's supposed to call me back Tuesday.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Car companies ought to hire you as an 'vehicle tester', or real-life crash test dummy. And for this reason you gravitated to Festys? That's saying something.
            It's saying that even though I do'tn believe in a "god", perse, I do believe that I'll go when I decide I'm ready. Period. NObody else will make that choice for me. When I decide that I'm ready to go, THAT'S when I'll go.

Comment

The Excel is the Hyundai version of the Mitsu Precis.

They weren't noted for their reliability. Still, if this were an easy fix you could probably triple your money if you got it running, just because of the gas prices. Or if you have the room, use it as an extra car and then take what you want before scrapping it.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Problem is it's a 25 minute drive from me and I don't have a truck or trailer so I'd be looking at spending 100+ just in rental fees to pick the thing up. I really just wanna see if those seats will fit.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

If you can weld you can make 'em fit!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X