Shipping seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping seats?

Ive had some stock leather seats from my mustang sitting in my basement for years now and would like to finally sell them. I have had an ad on craigslist for while but I have not had any offers. I checked ebay the other day and there was a listing for the same exact seats that I have with 12 people bidding. The listing is currently at $400 with $150 shipping and still 3 days left for auction.

So, does anyone have experience with shipping seats or items of equivalent size? I have been doing research and some people have suggested using greyhound, but it seems like a lot of hassle and I am looking for the simplest solution possible.

The weight will be roughly 80-85 lbs and im trying to find a box 48x36x24" to fit both into (one flipped upside down on top of the other).
    2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
    1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

I bought seats a couple of times before on the Bay. They just stand them on a wood pallet and stretch shrink wrap all around. It's best done at a factory where the pallet can be loaded on a truck with a towmotor/lift truck.

Comment

What about laying them back and shipping them in a longer, but slimmer box? I can't remember how I did it with my racing seats a few years ago... But it was a pain.

I've had better shipping rates from FedEx on "oversize" items like this.

What about a UPS (or similar) store close by? Maybe take 1 of the seats into them and see what they would offer to get a rate.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
      X