Damkid's next swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damkid's next swap?

this guy built the sickest contraption ever, then beat the crap out of it at the 2008 Syracuse nationals! His name on here is AUTOZEAL , and his cardomain ad...

Your turn, Damkid!

Repost.... That thing from a performance standpoint is useless and can't say I'd ever build something like

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Give me a stack of tires, a gallon of fuel oil, a torch and some firecrackers and I can do exactly what that car was built to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        Repost.... That thing from a performance standpoint is useless
        Agreed.
        Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        and can't say I'd ever build something like
        Glad you won't waste your time and talent.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This is nice

This is his description on cardomain

V8 IN A FORD FESTIVA WHY NOT? Allow me to explain what I did to this poor little car.I have a 355 Chevy V8 engine mounted in the rear and I kept it front wheel drive,Yes it can do wicked reverse donuts.The transmission is a Chevy TH-350 running forward threw a shortened driveshaft. The differential is a limited-slip out of a 1989 BMW 325I.The c/v shafts are out of an audi 90 ,Yes they had to be heavily modified.I Stiffened up the car and added a roll bar.The car has an extremely custom exhaust,there is a cutout in the center so you can run it threw the two mufflers in the back and keep it quiet or you can get it LOUD by running it out the stacks. The interior still needs some finishing and the stock brakes definitely need up grading, but I'll get to that later.This is probably one of the meanest sleepers ever.I'M TRYING TO PUT FLAMETHROWERS ON THIS BUT I CAN'T FIND A GOOD SYSTEM, IF YOU HAVE SOME ADVISE PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANKS. !!!!PLEASE RATE ME!!!!

Comment

Why is it pointless in a performance standpoint? A v8 in a Festiva? Imagine how fast you could go on a strip. You would never lose a match against your friends. Just imagine how fast you could go through a school zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
              Why is it pointless in a performance standpoint? A v8 in a Festiva? Imagine how fast you could go on a strip. You would never lose a match against your friends. Just imagine how fast you could go through a school zone.
              Because the power and weight is in the rear. The drive wheels and no weight are in the front. It was designed to NOT have traction so it could roast tires for shows. It would be easily outrun by probably even stock festivas from a stop.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

That could be easily fixed though couldn't it? Even if he just put a piece of plywood in the engine bay to make a "shelf" and then just throw a bunch of sandbags in it. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Comment

"V8 IN A FORD FESTIVA WHY NOT?"

Says it all, I would love to see him at madness!
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Even then you're still working against the laws of physics, rather than with them in one way or the other when using one of the 3 standard drivetrain layouts and it's just really impractical. FR, FF and RR (and all the derivatives thereof- AWD, 4wd, FMR, etc) are the way the automotive world works for a lot of very good reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
                      That could be easily fixed though couldn't it? Even if he just put a piece of plywood in the engine bay to make a "shelf" and then just throw a bunch of sandbags in it. Maybe I'm just crazy.
                      Ya it could be easily fixed by making if RWD, but that's not gunna happen, I bet that thing is difficult to comfortably drive

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I bet anything faster than 5mph in that thing is unsafe
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          I bet anything faster than 5mph in that thing is unsafe
                          Pfffft. Safe is over rated
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                            Pfffft. Safe is over rated
                            Couldn't say it any better myself!

Comment

But.... how cool would it be to run a 10 sec quarter mile in a Festiva in reverse? That would turn some heads, and I don't even think it's against NHRA rules. :p
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X