New left fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New left fender

Hey All - Got my new used front left fender from a jy in Tucson (I'm in Seattle). $30.00 for the fender, $50 shipping (insurance paid). Closest jy with a Festiva was in the Portland area (160 miles south). There are tons of fenders on the internet but almost no one will ship! It's weird. They'll ship a
    engine or tranny but they refused to ship a lightweight 3 ft.tall piece of metal. The place in Tucson wrapped it in bubblewrap and tape and was here in 3 days no problem. Just an observation.

A few years ago, I USMailed the back few feet of a Cessna 170 fuselage from SEA to ANC for just a few bucks. Just cobbled together a big cardboard box with some scraps of foam.

I've also USMailed Festy door windows from ANC back to SEA using a box made from 1/4" plywood and wrapped in cardboard.

I also USMail new 12" tires. Two fit in a box for one 22" SUV wheel. Or I take them as checked baggage (for free on Alaska Air since I'm MVP there). Inside Alaska, you can just put stamps on your tires and leave them on top of a mailbox. You can also ratchet-strap things like 4'x8' sheets of plywood to the outside of your puddlehopper airplane and fly away. Gotta keep it away from the engine exhaust, else it can catch fire (which has happened).

It's also legal (anywhere in the U.S.) to drop things from airplanes:

91.15 Dropping objects.
    No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
    X