Floor Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Panels

I'm gonna need to do mine, do they make replacements ?? I know for some older vehicles weld in panels are available but I dont know about availability for the festiva

thanx
    He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
    1987 F-250 diesel-powered
    1984 Ironhead Chopper
    1999 Ducati Monster

I have never seen any, if they make them
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

I bought sheets and popriveted mine
      ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Find a donor patch from a junkyard car or parts car, cut it out and weld it in or you could fabricate your own patch from sheetmetal then weld it in. Be sure to self etch prime the bare metal spots, then re-undercoat the bottom to make the repair long lasting, also seam seal it too if needed. I may do a write up sometime when I fix one of mine! Whenever I get to it always fixing other's stuff at my work, bodyman but never my own.. bodywork wise..
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I got a pretty good amount of body work experience so no problem there, i also gots me some fabrication experience as well, we re did the floor panels on my 73 Bronco and you could by those pre fabbed and weld them in, I was hoping for the same in this case but ....

1990 Festiva
          1984 Ironhead Chopper
          1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

dont feel bad, i have to attack Caetys aspire driver side before it rots away from the inside out. i'll be on the lookout for good donors in the yards soon.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hey maybe i'll just leave a hole in the floorboard, then if the brakes go again I can just Flintstone it

1990 Festiva
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

My Tercel bumper needed about a foot cut off each end to match the festy wheel arches. That left me with a lot of scrap plastic, I'm currently molding all that stuff into floor patches for my car using butane and good ol' redneck ingenuity. Going to stick them on with that 3m panel bonding adhesive. Plastic don't rust

This stuff seems like FRP too, so it should be pretty strong.
                Last edited by Tommychu; 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                  My Tercel bumper needed about a foot cut off each end to match the festy wheel arches. That left me with a lot of scrap plastic, I'm currently molding all that stuff into floor patches for my car using butane and good ol' redneck ingenuity. Going to stick them on with that 3m panel bonding adhesive. Plastic don't rust

This stuff seems like FRP too, so it should be pretty strong.
                  damn fine idea, I've seen similar done with motorcycle seat pans, EGGCELLENT idea
                  we used good seat pans as a mold, could be done off a good floor pan ..... hmmmmmm
                  Last edited by stonemaster; 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM.

1990 Festiva
                  1984 Ironhead Chopper
                  1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

I have a few non rusty floorpans here.....Just need cutting
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

well I wont get to it till next year so no rush but, if anyone does come up with one PM me and we'll see what we can do, THANX GUYS

1990 Festiva
                      1984 Ironhead Chopper
                      1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

You can buy floors, rockers, dog legs and almost anything you want if it's a Mustang, Model A, or a 20 year old pickup truck but I don't think anybody, for the life of them, figured on there being folks out there restoring Festivas, yet. It is such a light yet sturdy car by virtue of the corrugations of the panels etc that making new ones is not going to be easy.

Comment

You can order the complete front floor panel from Four Green.
                          It costs $143.75 + Fedex shipping from Korea.
                          The three door Kia Pride part number is KK15053600
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 10-19-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            You can order the complete front floor panel from Four Green.
                            It costs $143.75 + Fedex shipping from Korea.
                            The three door Kia Pride part number is KK15053600
                            To use an expression from when I was much younger: "Far out, man".

Comment

I honestly see no point in spending over $100 for floor panels. I would just take some galvanized sheet metal and rivet it in. If you have a welder at your disposal, even better. Just make sure you put something like calk around the edge before you rivet it in to prevent water leakage, etc.

Costs a lot less and is just as good IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X