Worth $600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth $600

Well I've found a '88 carb'd 4 speed Festiva. The body is fairly decent, interior looks like heck, smokes (could it be smoking after only 132k because it has receiver hitch on it? :shock: ), needs tires, half-shaft and probably more. I've talked him down to $600 from $750 but I'm not sure it's that great of a deal. Are these things that hard to find? If I spend up to double of this ($1200-1400) shouldn't I be able to find a nice EFI, 5 speed car? Thanks for the input, I don't really want to start with a POS.
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Where are you and how many others have you seen? Prices can "depend."

It's really what you want to pay vs. how readily available they are.

I'd wait on a better deal but I don't know the answers to my first two questions above. Not all of us have access to the mythical "$100 Festiva."

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Cheapest festivas I've seen around here are above $500 if they run. I paid $800 for the 91, $700 for the 93. I am going to be selling the 93 in the next month, starting price will be $1500 because people actually do pay that.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Festiva

The mythical $100 Festiva doesn't seem to exist here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. But I hope the " $1000" Festiva exists in good condition.
        1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
        1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
        1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
        1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
        1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
        1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
        1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Most I have seen are peaking at around $800.00 unless its spotless, a pampered RV pulled car that has like no miles, etc..

anywhere over $1000 would be only if you were on crack that day, heh..

Comment

I paid 950 for mine. It just needed a control arm, cv boot, and a few other minor parts. The body just had a few scratches but the interior was covered in dog hair and the seats were ripped. I got it at a dealership in Delmar. I went by a few months later and they had one identical to mine that they wanted over 1k for.
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

where are you located deathshead?
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

good ol milford pa.

Comment

Working...
                X