Longest production run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest production run

There was a link posted here that had cars that had been produced forever. The festiva was on it. I can't find it. I'm having a hard time thinking of the proper search terms.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

VW Beetle would have to be one.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

The beetle had a 65 year run.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Jeep CJ had many parts from the 50s that could directly fit even on an 80.

Comment

Obviously I'm biased but Alec Issagonis's creation of the Austin Mini came out in 1959 and I really don't know when it ended but likely sometime in the 1980s. The BMW version doesn't count as far as I'm concerned; too bloated and too luxurious. They were originally meant to be more utilitarian and practical than motorcycles.

Comment

I think the 1976-1993 Volvo 240 run was pretty significant, even though it doesn't seem like much compared to others. The fact that the Haynes manual can span almost 20 years is pretty remarkable though.
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Mini Cooper would probably be another one. They made the old body style into the late 90s I think.

Whoops. I see someone already mentioned it now..

Found this on the Mini Wiki Page: "Mini Cooper and Cooper S: 1961–2000"
              Last edited by Prafeston; 10-24-2012, 11:36 PM.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

The Amphicar had to be one of the shortest ... something like 63 to 67. I had a 64 for 10 years until I tired of 4 knots.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

The shortest would be the Lincoln Blackwood: 1 year.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                  1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                  1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                  1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    Obviously I'm biased but Alec Issagonis's creation of the Austin Mini came out in 1959 and I really don't know when it ended but likely sometime in the 1980s. The BMW version doesn't count as far as I'm concerned; too bloated and too luxurious. They were originally meant to be more utilitarian and practical than motorcycles.
                    the last analog mini ( just in reference to the classic mini, it was very much digitized) rolled off the assembly line in 2002 iirc. That's the same year Brazil ceased production of the VW type 1 (beetle). The beetle ran from the late 40's till 2002.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Beetle ran from late 30's... It just didn't come to the US until '49.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Yeah, beetle, 1938 – 2002 we have that info covered. What I'm looking for is a link to the article. It was posted here sometime back anyone think of any of the search terms that would help me achieve this. I've googled it and I've searched here.

Comment

Paul, just do the research and write your own article. You'll probably do a better job anyway. Then you always know where the article can be found.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

Working...
                            X