The Mazda GLC, USA imported only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mazda GLC, USA imported only

I live in the privileged area of the country where these survivors pop up for sale from time to time, and I do see them around. Is the trans bolt pattern on their blocks the same as b series blocks? Are these vehicles b6t/BP swap canidates the same as a later 323 or the festiva? They are really simple looking and really similar looking underhood from 10 feet away at junkyards and so on.

quick google searching for GLC engine swap links to regular NOS rebuild kits seals gaskets etc. so its not a popular car to mess with or I'm not looking right?

Oh there is a KLV6 swap on youtube, i guess they skipped bp.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 10-27-2012, 02:54 AM.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Re: The Mazda GLC, USA imported only

I had a 1982 GLC Sport purchased new. It had the E5 1.5l, 2-barrel carb, 5-speed with factory mags and an upgraded interior. Mine was "Tornado Silver" if I remember. Had to sell it after about a year so we could buy our first house.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      I live in the privileged area of the country where these survivors pop up for sale from time to time, and I do see them around. Is the trans bolt pattern on their blocks the same as b series blocks? Are these vehicles b6t/BP swap canidates the same as a later 323 or the festiva? They are really simple looking and really similar looking underhood from 10 feet away at junkyards and so on.

quick google searching for GLC engine swap links to regular NOS rebuild kits seals gaskets etc. so its not a popular car to mess with or I'm not looking right?

Oh there is a KLV6 swap on youtube, i guess they skipped bp.
      The GLC used the E series engines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Familia
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Cool car!

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i have read the same wiki and cardomains as every one else. The title states usa import only, as to acknowledge that we get the shaft in performance already, and not going to dream of some 4 door RWD 1888 lb car that no one had around here anyway. I want to know if the e series and b series use the same bolt spacing in the rear of the block, and have the same passenger mount style, as to swap in a sohc b series or a BP into an old GLC. The Z blocks and the B blocks share the transmission bolt spacing. I don't own a body shop to hide at all night and make custom cars when the wife is mad that i didn't pick up my socks. Also budget minded. Just wanted to know if a JY b series engine plops right into a JY GLC car as a carb configuration, or efi swap similar to doing on a 88-89 festiva. Cookie cutter jdm "custom" is rampant in these parts and by simply having a mazda it's against the grain, and i think there arent many mazdas running around other than a handful of wagons that are just made to look like toyotas because the owner couldnt pay $3000 for a shell, as again the demand is wacky.
          Last edited by getnpsi; 11-02-2012, 12:52 AM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Here on the east coast, it's not so bad. Come on over!
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
              Here on the east coast, it's not so bad. Come on over!
              Wish I could help in some way. Portable generators in California are even different. I hate going to AZ to buy lawn mowed weed Wakkers, knives over an inch, etc
              1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Working...
              X