Proud owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud owner

Last week I finally got the car I've wanted for 6 months....its a 92 GL with 76k miles, sport interior, 5 speed, sport interior, body color bumpers, rear spoiler and a few more little things. Once I get this one done I will sell my 89 L that I just finished recently in graphite. I had a blue 88L a while back that was a 4 speed but sold it a year or so ago, so this is my 3rd one overall and the one I will keep. Theres a bump at the back and a small rust hole in the spare tire hole, but no biggee as I enjoy bodywork. Looking forward to getting this one on the road......I'll post pics as I go along.

92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

Very nice car always nice to see another sport!
    1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
    1991 Manual Ford Festiva
    1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Nice car should clean up great ! especially with your body work skills ive seen on graphite one
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Since you have to clean the passenger seat, you might as well clean all of the seat covers at the same time.

1. buy some hog rings and a pair of hog ring pliers.
        2. buy a set of knipex mini compound cutters
        3. unbolt and remove seats
        4. remove seat covers, and wires, being careful not to strip the pivot screw head
        (use the hit while twisting method)
        5. pre soak seat covers in laundry tub.
        6. wash seat covers in washing machine.
        7. dry covers thouroughly
        8. reinstall seat cover wires and hog ring the seat covers back on.
        9. bolt the seats back in
        10 re-photograph and submit your entry for the December Festiva of the Month award

They will look just like these, after you've washed them.
        You will be shocked at how black the water will be after the first soak.
        I believe everyone should clean their seat covers in a washing machine at least once every ten years.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks skim and brave for the tips......
          92 GL, 98k
          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Nice snag. Looks like a good car. Definitely needs a good interior cleaning and some body work, but even as is it looks like you found a pretty awesome ride!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I always remove the seats from the car, hose them down to get them wet, then soak them with a bug sprayer full of hot water, Tide and a scoop of oxy-clean. Scrub them with a bristle brush and hose them down again and let them dry in the sun for a day or two. Same for the carpet, but use a shop vac to get up a majority of the water. Works a charm.

First post and have no idea why I now want a Festiva. Someone help before it infects me...

Comment

Proud owner

Originally posted by HeyBen View Post

First post and have no idea why I now want a Festiva. Someone help before it infects me...
                you signed up on here, you're already infected, there is no cure!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice festy! Looking forward to watching your progress.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Does the RH front wheel match the back one, or those on t'other side?

Comment

Bathtubtom,
                      there are three of the white 12 inch allows and one steelie spare on the back right.....had to put it on to transport it/get it on tow truck.....i've not driven it yet....have to do front brakes and fuel tank, filter, title, license etc before I hit the road....oh yah and fix the sloppy shifter, oil change, and and and and before i drive it.....haven't decided if i'm staying with the 12 inch alloys or stepping up to 13....the 12's seem to be so noisy as compared to the 13's.....i like the white on white look but the noise/harshness is a bit much.
                      good day...
                      92 GL, 98k
                      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Working...
                      X