Still Happy after all those miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Happy after all those miles

Just checked the mileage my stock 91 5spd with 260k miles is getting. Like 42 mpg. Best car I ever owned.

The motor is just getting broke in and loosened up!
    07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
    91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
    90 Festiva figure 8 racer
    90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

What makes me laugh is the TV commercials for big RAM pickups having 36 mpg.
      I still find it hard to believe the numbers for variable gear ratio trucks.

Only the Smart car shoud beat the Festiva if you pull out the back seat.

Comment

The Smart Car is really a Dumb Car, mainly because it can't even beat a Festiva on gas mileage .....

My Festiva is doing well at 200K+ miles, carrying me around everywhere. But I'm going to buy a base model '90 one tomorrow evening and drive it home, and sell my '93 L. Running good, runs rough when cold, inspected till April '13, decent tires, no rust, I figure, what, $700?

Lannis

Comment

Also have a 91 5spd and 280k miles now. Still getting 42ish mpg and alittle smoke out the tail pipe... I love this thing
          1991 Smoketiva - 306k
          1997 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker
          2004 Sebring

Comment

my 93 L 5 speed is going to hit 200k: in a couple days . its been a GREAT car !
            Only a few and the proud drive Festivas !

Comment

I bought my first Festy 8 years ago for $50 from a little old lady neighbour that had had a jobber quote for $1500 to re-do the exhaust, brakes, bearings and ball joints on her 112,000 km car. I had it back on the road for about $500 and have driven it 150,000 km since. Great little car except for being a 3 speed automatic. Not at all the car's fault but it was solely the $50 that had attracted me to it in the first place. 5 speeds are considerably more zippy and fun and I have since picked up 2 of those.

Comment

322k on my 90L...averaging 40mpg

Comment

88L DD, 183,000 on it and counting....

38-40 mpg, almost all city driving, without even trying.

Owned it 23 1/2 yrs and my wife still doesn't understand why I love this thing! :p
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                    88L DD, 183,000 on it and counting....

38-40 mpg, almost all city driving, without even trying.

Owned it 23 1/2 yrs and my wife still doesn't understand why I love this thing! :p
                    Probably because it runs on spare change, has lots of ground clearance, can be fixed by the owner, turns on a dime, has glass everywhere you look, back hatch is wider than the car and you can actually drive it (instead of it driving you).

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                      Probably because it runs on spare change, has lots of ground clearance, can be fixed by the owner, turns on a dime, has glass everywhere you look, back hatch is wider than the car and you can actually drive it (instead of it driving you).
                      You've nailed it, at least for me. It's why I have two now ....

Comment

Working...
                      X