hopeful new fesy owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopeful new fesy owner.

So if I don't jinx myself: Tues I will be the owner of a red 92 GL Festiva!
    Brakes r mushy but not bad. Power steering seems...old. but the first order of business is a tuneup and a good general "going through"
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Hey welcome! I'm a new Festy owner as well, Learning things as I go. The community here is really welcoming and they don't make you feel dumb for not knowing things that might be simple to anyone else. Check out the exterior/interior forum. Pretty cool things there. I'm looking to get some prelude seats. You thought of what your plans are?
    Daily Driver:
    91 Red Ford Festiva L 5spd Stock

Show Car:
    2004 Black Premium Mustang GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedHalos View Post
      The community here is really welcoming and they don't make you feel dumb for not knowing things that might be simple to anyone else.
      As long as you search for the common questions first of course
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

What is this mythical "Power Steering" You speak of? Sounds like witchcraft!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks. Been here for a little bit now. Haha @ power steering. I think it will be an adventure, but not to bad after working on a Z
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Welcome to the site MiltonHavoc. I also live in Colorado, Brighton to be more precise. Im about hour and half from you. Again welcome. I have a 93 L that I cut down to a convertible pickup. You will enjoy your Festiva. They are addicting.
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I spend my weekends in Denver. Nice to meet another Coloradian! I'm working on getting a supercharger for the b3, for the winter. And then doing a swap in the spring while I drive the Z.

You driven a winter here in the Festiva? I read the two snow threads but it had limited info.
              Fast....Women are fast
              Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

I can't say I have drove mine in CO, but the small tires cut through snow like a hot knife through butter + plenty of ground clearance. The biggest thing to worry about is other dumb driver. Unless CO winter is completly different than MN. (I know it kind of is but still you get my point I'm sure.)

Also he was serious about the power steering question, does the one your looking at seriously have PS? That is not a common occurance on these cars, most are manual steering.
                Mike Holmgren
                Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Ive driven the Festiva many times when snow was only inches deep and have had little problem. You just have to take it easy and use common sense and watch out for the other idiots. Most of the time now I drive my F-150 since im retired and wife is usually with me. But like i said, just use common sense. I also put one of those tubes of sand behind the front seats so weight is balance in middle. Enjoy
                  Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                  93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Re: hopeful new fesy owner.

With a set of decent winter tires your Festiva will take you practically anywhere. In the ten plus years I've been driving them I have rarely got stuck.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      With a set of decent winter tires your Festiva will take you practically anywhere. In the ten plus years I've been driving them I have rarely got stuck.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
                      I once drove mine up a snowmobile trail in Montana.
                      I thought it was a Forestry road...
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

hmm. I will have to look again closely at the power steering. I heard the tale tale belt squeal at start-up, and steering was just a tad bit stiff so I kinda just assumed.

Good to know about the snow stuff. And holy crap about the Montana snowmobile trail. I lived in Missoula for about a year and some change. Winter in montana is serious business lol.
                        Fast....Women are fast
                        Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

I'm going to assume that your squeal at startup is your alternator. It happens all the time on these little cars... That's crazy you have power steering. I've had my head in hundreds of Festivas, and have yet to ever see power steering in one of them.

On the snow end: We received 14" in the past 36 hours in Utah, and I have NO problem. Just put it in 2nd or 3rd quick. First gear likes to spin the tires on dry road, let alone snow!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                          1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                          1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                          1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                          1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                          1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                          1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Thats a lot of snow. Hate to say it but: better you guys than us....

I go look at it again and pay for it today. Ill be cutting it close financially but I need a DD. Renting cars every weekend sucks.
                            Ill drive this one while I work on the Z. Ill do some small mods to this just to "make it mine". Later in the spring comes the big stuff ;-)
                            Fast....Women are fast
                            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

3Mb3Jf3Na5Na5Gb5K4cb5c21e203f69531067.jpg

here is the only pic I have so far. Any one wanna guess as to whats lurking behind the damage to the door and front fender.....
                              Fast....Women are fast
                              Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Working...
                              X