No announcement yet.

Pick up an entire Aspire for swappage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up an entire Aspire for swappage?

Would it be better to pick up an entire Aspire for Festiva swappage? I know the suspension and brakes can be swapped, what else is swappable? Engine and trans? Any other parts swappable and if so what is the gain?

Thanks
    Ben

Seats are a good swap.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Depending on accessories and FI vs. carbed, most engine stuff can be retrofitted. Transaxles can be swapped with appropriate use of mounts.

Small parts, space saver spare for your swap, etc.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I believe some people swap out the e-brake cable from the 2 Door Aspires.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Re: Pick up an entire Aspire for swappage?

Engine, transmission, ECU (94-96), seats (including rear seat with some work), dome light, gas tank (2-door), light bulbs, possibly window cranks, spare tire if you get the swap, jack, horn if you need it... Yeah, get the whole car.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

and then sell me some body and interior pieces that I need for my 5door.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Jim, I have one outside I will be getting parts of off soon. PM stuff you need, I can pull what I can for you, dirt cheap.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

^^^ awesome, thanks!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

You may even get lucky and find some old frenchfries under the seats!

I believe the Aspire transaxle has a lower final drive ratio. That would be a good thing if you want to go to larger wheels/tires.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Aspires are a niche market for sure, even more so than Festys. Unless this car you're talking about is pristine and has all the bells and whistles the market for Aspires is mostly to Festy owners that seek parts for making better suspensions and brakes. I've thought about this for awhile now and do not understand/comprehend why I would buy an entire running and mechanically sound Aspire in order to scavenge the undercarriage just so as to improve an even older Festy but I've done this twice now. Both Aspires were sound and running but the idea of investing time and effort in them was just not remotely there, nor was the prospect of being seen in public driving one. Aspires were (IMHO) an expedient politically-correct Festy that had a military-grade concussion grenade thrown inside to blow out the corners, were ground off and had pretty mouldings, contoured panels and hidden fasteners, softer seats, more standard knickknacks, and airbags installed. And then (hello?) inadvertently gained at least a few hundred pounds. The one 'die-hard' I've met up here (who also collects Citroen DCVs and Skodas) that proudly drives a fresh paint and shined aqua-colour 2 door Aspire, is an anomaly.

Comment

FestyMick (Is he still around) Had an EPIC Aspire... not many other ones out there.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks, it would be something to consider if the price was right.

Comment

Working...
                        X