No announcement yet.

My recent ride in someone's '88 Mazda 323, twin cam constant four wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recent ride in someone's '88 Mazda 323, twin cam constant four wheel drive

Someone twenty-one years old, noticing my Festiva had me pop the hood to take a look in front of a Bellingham, WA club The Shakedown last Thursday fairly late that evening who works at Pizza Pipeline here.[http://shakedownbellingham.com/ At first he had me thinking awhile he was making fun of me with a difference of age between us of forty years, for driving what seems the quintessential pizza delivery car; from some old television commercial I've seen, with a Festiva driving off a cliff while making a delivery.

I was shown on his portable telephone device, a photo of his '88 Mazda 323 twin cam's engine bay and another of the car's grey exterior; so we drove to where that was parked in the parking lot of Pizza Pipeline, and he gave me a ride. Wow; some nice Hammond B-3 style music on his stereo. The motor was customized he figured has well over two hundred horsepower I could hear sounded in perfect tune; though he'd driven that about a thousand miles, to my close to a hundred thousand in the Festiva. We also drove my car together too, whose taut suspension and general mood made a good impression; and after some exchanges back and forth about mechanics, he conceded that since good gas mileage and general economy was one of my goals, I was doing pretty well considering.

He has about $3500 into the 323 he is trying to sell for $5000 if anyone is interested? Look the fellow up at Bellingham's Pizza Pipeline; or perhaps hanging around The Shakedown. My friend Amy Denio's band Kultur Shock played there October 2nd.[http://www.kulturshock.com [http://www.amydenio.com

I like hanging out there when there is music inside, if not too many people have shown up; playing my home made trombones, sitting in their sidewalk seating outside. One built from about $5 worth of two different size automotive fluid funnels and a length of pvc plumbing pipe, stood on end about my height; the other I've yet to appear with which actually slides, using two different diameter pvc pipes with a bell from a third of a coconut shell I was thinking of making a bikini from for an attractive musician woman friend Kelly Guilfoyle-about a forearm's length in first position.
    Last edited by bobstad; 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Kelly plays flute & guitar; whose guitar teacher says she is better than Paul McCartney, she told me. She also plays flute better than I do; in her opinion I concede to heartily, if something she needn't of brought up to make me feel bad?

Well, I'm always willing to defend myself on the grounds of a koan I thought of; that everyone really likes their own flute playing best.
    Last edited by bobstad; 11-14-2012, 06:29 PM.

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Fooey, I thought I'd get at least a little interest in the snazzy '88 323 I got to ride in a little as shotgun?

My first ever encounter with a close to Festiva enthusiast, other than my musician friend Amy Denio who herself also drives a Festiva; and likes swapping getting nearly Festiva only Seattle parking space stories, easy to imagine perhaps not too mechanically minded.

The 323 owner was up on Festiva knowledge quite a bit; knowing about other vehicle motors which the car can be adapted to, so making me a little nervous at first he was scouting my car as a potential acquisition in these days of hostile takeovers and such.

He also suggested getting a low milage Japanese engine if I were in need, others at this website have maintained are no longer available. Perhaps not a B3, who'd also been touting a swap from a Miata for my car. At 180,000 miles I'm having to evaluate things, I'm probably not going to go too far into until nice weather again next spring.

However, having a potential friend in town a young adult also a talented apparently mechanic, I find hard to seriously doubt of the moment for sure; if also wickedly addicted to hot-rod programming, I'd feel better if he could be weened from-so a stupid which never works "do as I say not as I do" reality, from my experiencing that sort of cultural brainwashing cum social meander. Probably then, two ships passing in the night; which reminds me I'm now past night noon by half an hour and need to think about sleeping or something?

Like, whatever happened to a great magazine Sports Car Graphic? Does this youth even bother with Road & Track, or Car and Driver? My three high school staples I subscribed to then for a year concurrently; when most were into Hot Rod or Car Craft, as degenerates during the muscle car explosion trying to cope with sudden loss of any relevant motive, inheriting from prior teens who had for years carefully nearly hand built their own conveyances, often scavenging. Thus, economy & talent; giving way to need of substantial income. With guilty retro conscience at some stupid subconscious level heavily promoted by the media; driving gear heads into adulthood, wasting outrageous sums, time and energies in pursuit of what had originated as the only means someone with only marginal means could afford any car. Like the two or three Harleys I've seen, similar in that tradition; probably actually built from cheap war surplus, with little or no cash input since gained from the martial hordes, while rendered interestingly modified over time amounting to decades. Like they say "get a horse" rather than deal with horse power. The turds are probably good for something, versus the end product of what moves by wheels; as the Tibetan Buddhist koan goes, only furthers conflict.

Comment

Well, I'm not a Buddhist; while when asked my best idea over the past decade a couple now Thursdays ago, this was "doing away with the flawed nature of theological convention" as a person who does find space exploration a worthy thing in order to protect the planet from celestial collisions. Probably a scam for getting mobile in space ships while leaving the great bulk of humanity holding the bag for a sudden polar shift, comet collision or he he, one of those things religiously minded people believe in where they all get saved and everyone else is roasted for eternity.

Comment

Have you ever thought about writing a book?

Comment

This is trolling at its finest!

Comment

My recent ride in someone's '88 Mazda 323, twin cam constant four wheel drive

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
              This is trolling at its finest!
              That's just the way bobstad posts, I usually don't have the patience to read the lengthy posts so therefore I usually don't participate in his threads

No offense bobstad

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Re: My recent ride in someone's '88 Mazda 323, twin cam constant four wheel drive

That's a nice car!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

The Older 323 is SOOOO much better looking!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                  1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                  1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                  1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

That is a beautiful car!
                    Someone go pick it up for me and I'll pay you back two years after I'm out of college.

Comment

Not exactly Wagner; if hard to imagine what else! The Beatles?

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
                      Have you ever thought about writing a book?
                      This item has me wondering about making my car work a pto set-up?[http://www.kinektdesign.com/product-gear-ring.php

The device likely wouldn't be applicable; though if so, how? Maybe a size 20 would be large enough to drive a length of pvc plumbing pipe, epoxied to one side...??? Not exactly giving these away; or I'd get me a dozen.
                      Last edited by bobstad; 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X