Took a road trip today !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a road trip today !!!

Went to Cambridge Ohio to get an engine from 91fordfestiva ... Good trip so far !!!
    Last edited by shadetree; 11-18-2012, 12:43 PM.
    New build on the way .

Haha, that's a little hike. Driving a festy??
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

88 carby yes sir !!! Five speed
      New build on the way .

Comment

Re: Took a road trip today !!!

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
        88 carby yes sir !!! Five speed
        I have a little red Harbor Freight 40x48 trailer that I bought for $150 and I use that to haul engines on. I plan on making a frame to bolt to it to give the engine tow hooks something to hold on to, so I can hang the engine about an inch from the floor of the trailer, and cross strap it to hold it solid. Then, I'll cover that with a tarp.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Love the way those little trailers tilt to make loading and unloading easier.
          That is a great idea , it would sure make it easier to keep the dust off the engine.
          What are the plans for the new engine?
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Well today turned out okay I guess . 91fordfestiva and I were supposed to meet at Walmart in Cambridge , well just before meeting time he text me saying they were getting a ticket and would be held up a few ! So I went in Walmart and looked around . I asked him if they were done getting arrested and he said yes but now they had a flat ! Turns out when they got pulled over the left front tire picked up a large bolt and made the tire go flat . So him telling me this I rushed around and got a tire plug kit and some fix a flat slime and went on a rescue mission . Getting there and helping plug the tire , with the pump I had on board , another officer pulls behind to block traffic lol. Anyway we get tire fixed, swap goods and I'm on my way . Guy had a bad day but we were able to get him rolling Again and we both made it home safe !! I got some good parts from a good seller and down to earth good guy !
            New build on the way .

Comment

Plans for new engine are .... 95 aspire /ac/power steering / vent heat !!!!! I'm working with zoom zoom on the wiring now so !!!! Thanks Matt !
              New build on the way .

Comment

i must say i owe him much thanks he is a super nice guy he went out of his way to help me today my wife gets a speeding ticket so then we go to leave as we was leaving she discovered she ran over a bolt and her tire was flat and shadetree got plugs and tire slime we got it fixed and went our separate ways i was in the middle of no where and would have been stuck if it was not for rob

Comment

Day ended good !! Bad luck but we made it !!
                  New build on the way .

Comment

when life gives you lemons make lemonade lol i dont sweet the small stuff all in all i had a really good day but i did learn a lesson make sure you have a spare tire before you take road trip lol

Comment

Originally posted by 91fordfestiva View Post
                      when life gives you lemons make lemonade lol i dont sweet the small stuff all in all i had a really good day but i did learn a lesson make sure you have a spare tire before you take road trip lol
                      That is the correct attitude to be a true festy owner.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                      X