Sold my Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my Festiva

Well I finally sold my little Festiva. After having the urge to "not wanna die or be crippled in a little car" I put it up for sale and got bombarded by people wanting it.
    I know it's weird but people are driving way too aggressively these days, for the gas savings I just couldn't justify the risk anymore.
    Anyway it went to a good home and it'll get plenty of use (daily driver).

theshuttle.jpg

Really weird... My aunt was in a head on collision with a full size blazer. Both of them were doing 30+. The front axle of the Blazer was sitting on the roof of the Festiva. She suffered a broken femur. My uncle, in his next Festiva hit a moose doing 65mph and walked away no problem. You should probably go get a Smart car, or something "safe"

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Smart car? I'll stick with my 3/4 ton GMC thanks.

Comment

The following it only my opinion;

A vehicle is only as safe as the DEFENSIVE driver controlling it and watching out for potential danger.

Just my 2¢.

Comment

Paranoia strikes at any age. Personally I think more and more vehicle purchasers are putting so much of their faith in technology, airbags and ABS brakes, and all that other safety and convenience junk, that they increasingly overlook being aware of how to drive. An alert and defensive Festy driver can respond very fast and much nimbler than most modern 'rolling stock'. True, almost any 'light car' these days is 1/4 ton heavier than ours but if you fastidiously stay away from 35+ MPH oncoming-lane-type roads I would think life will remain good even though you choose to pilot a Festy. Ya gotta think man; what is going to happen to the price of fuel over the next 10 years: is it gonna keep going down?

Comment

I'm not knocking anyone driving a Festiva it's just that after seeing a couple wrecks I started to think about how safe these little cars are.
            Just take a look at the YouTube video in the "dashcams" thread and notice how many of those are just driving along when out of nowhere another vehicle slams them.
            I think my chances are better in a more modern vehicle with airbags, that's all.
            Saving money on gas is kind of a non issue to me anymore.
            Last edited by All systemz; 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All systemz View Post
              I'm not knocking anyone driving a Festiva it's just that after seeing a couple wrecks I started to think about how safe these little cars are.
              Just take a look at the YouTube video in the "dashcams" thread and notice how many of those are just driving along when out of nowhere another vehicle slams them.
              I think my chances are better in a more modern vehicle with airbags, that's all.
              no matter how many of those videos you watch on youtube...they are a very small percentage of the accidents out there. I have seen and know of numerous Festy accidents that even when the car has been totaled ,the people are just fine. I only recall maybe 1 or 2 stories in all the years that I have been involved with Festy's that I have seen a story of fatal car crashes that have involved a Festy.

I have my own theory on the reason a lot of the times we see a Festy in an accident that the person is physically ok. I feel that with the car being as light as it is....when hit it has a tendency to move with the accident instead of acting like a rock, like heavier cars and not moving and getting completely smashed in to the point that the people inside are badly hurt.

I will keep driving my Festy for a long time to come.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by All systemz View Post
                Yea, you are probably safer in a larger vehicle like an SUV.....

[Updated Jan. 4, 2013 - Click "Show more" to read Snopes report.]This video was taken by a dashboard camera. See how quickly your life could change by taking...

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                  Yea, you are probably safer in a larger vehicle like an SUV.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsEAOBrK81A
                  um....what suv? Just my point like above....I feel the Festy ,although being damaged, would have been more pushed along then just totally obliterated. Again....just my opinion.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Pretty sure the guy in the semi survived that so if you still think size doesn't matter... then good luck I guess.
                    Besides, my point was that I think I'd rather take my chances in a modern vehicle with airbags.
                    Last edited by All systemz; 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      no matter how many of those videos you watch on youtube...they are a very small percentage of the accidents out there. I have seen and know of numerous Festy accidents that even when the car has been totaled ,the people are just fine. I only recall maybe 1 or 2 stories in all the years that I have been involved with Festy's that I have seen a story of fatal car crashes that have involved a Festy.

I have my own theory on the reason a lot of the times we see a Festy in an accident that the person is physically ok. I feel that with the car being as light as it is....when hit it has a tendency to move with the accident instead of acting like a rock, like heavier cars and not moving and getting completely smashed in to the point that the people inside are badly hurt.

I will keep driving my Festy for a long time to come.
                      i agree with that statement 100% and it makes a lot of sense.
                      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                      Highway - 7.32L/100km
                      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

thr driver themself had lost control of the vehicle, not the vehicle being hit by another car.. the driver was at fault for this "for simply expecting too much of their vehicle in the conditions"
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

You never know.. My Mom is getting quite old and dosn't see so good anymore.
                          Anyway she has a few cars on the Dairy, an Expo, a Vue both AWD and a old
                          sprint automatic. She backed out on the road in front of a F350 diesel with
                          a lift and monster tires coming up from the sand dunes. She was driving the
                          sprint, the monster truck hit her broad side and thank gosh she was NOT in
                          one of the newer rigs. They would have stopped the truck in a bad crash. The
                          truck went over the car and rolled. Mom was not hurt and the sprint still runs
                          fine! The truck guy went to the hospital. The big tires went up and over the rear of the sprint with out damaging much except the rear quarter, the car still drives!
                          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Just the way you put your initial post implies that everyone on here is driving a festy for fuel economy. Or as a last resort. Maybe 10 years ago that was the case, but most people on here now, drive the Festiva because they want to, not because they have too.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Sold my Festiva

Ya.... My Festiva is ALL about fuel economy....... ha

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X