New Owner in Chattanooga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner in Chattanooga

My friend gave me his old 92 festiva, GL automatic with only 119k , no rust , just well i do belive the fuel pump is out.

if i spray gas down the throttle body it starts , no noise from the fuel pump. Tried the inertia switch from both down and up position ( which one is the one for running lol up or down )

anyways i read that the fuel pump relay also controlls part of the sparking circuits so the fact that i do have spark means the FPR is in good order ( its clean as hell but for those that need new ones http://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=14528 10 dollars. same exact part number ) I am also having to find a passenger side headlamp capsule and passenger side blinker/parking light ((the one next to the headlamp)) ( the mounting bracket is still in perfect shape ) it has the nice solid alloy ( or is it steel ) rims and the tires are in perfect shape, 90+% tread left.

Anywho so from the ideal of it being in great shape and having spark just not getting fuel, replacing the fuel pump motor ( ordered one off ebay for 23bucks ) and the fuel filter ( 10 buck at the store ) those two things should have me running?

Thank you all for your comments and Nice to be here with fellow owners. ((((will post photo soon))))

down on the inertia switch.
    welcome to the site
    looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Welcome!

A new FP may do the trick, but there is also the relay under the dash and the VAF connection providing feedback to run the FP. So it could be one of those as well.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Welcome!

A new FP may do the trick, but there is also the relay under the dash and the VAF connection providing feedback to run the FP. So it could be one of those as well.

Karl
          can you give me a pic of that ill check in tomorrow

Comment

New Owner in Chattanooga

There is also a power relay under hood that would do the trick.
            ;
            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
            '92 Festiva L M/T
            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Just out of sheer deductional thinking it ran great before he parked it 2 years ago ( this is my friend ive known longer then 2 years i got it from ) it ran good before then so i just think the pump gunked up dead. never can be to sure though. but another thing.... The fan runs all the time as soon as you put the key to power
              but no fan switch , any ideas ?

Comment

anyone in or near chattanooga that could possibly come over and let me try my relays on their car?

Comment

Re: New Owner in Chattanooga

Originally posted by yousufwalton View Post
                  Just out of sheer deductional thinking it ran great before he parked it 2 years ago ( this is my friend ive known longer then 2 years i got it from ) it ran good before then so i just think the pump gunked up dead. never can be to sure though. but another thing.... The fan runs all the time as soon as you put the key to power
                  but no fan switch , any ideas ?
                  The switch is in the thermostat housing on the right side of the block. If that's disconnected, the fan will continuously run. You're right about the pump. Clean that tank with carb cleaner if you see any "polyurethane" in there. The sock may also be glued to the floor. You may need to drop the tank. PM me if you decide to do that.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

pics 1

IMAG0618.jpgIMAG0617.jpg

Comment

IMAG0615.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

IMAG0613.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: New Owner in Chattanooga

Originally posted by yousufwalton View Post
                          anyone in or near chattanooga that could possibly come over and let me try my relays on their car?
                          PM htchbck. He's in Northeast GA. He may be able to help. That being said, you can pick up a cheap volt meter to check for continuity, and you'll need to get a Festiva Haynes Manual.
                          Last edited by DriverOne; 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Yeah gotta drop the damn tank, plus they sent the wrong fuel sock gave me a straight pipe one insted of a 90º bend one

Comment

Working...
                            X