got it running HUZZAH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got it running HUZZAH!

Well i replaced the pump the strainer and the filter and now it runs.
    sounds a bit clicky but im not sure if thats a characteristic of the engine or if i need to run it for a while and do an engine flush since it sat for 2 years.
    accelerates up to 50 in my neighborhood quite easily i head a shhhhhhhhhhhh sound from the front i probally need to get everything greased up and lubed real good probally replace the brakes in the back and the front infact i think the sound from the front is the brakes dragging.

Great News!!!!
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Its all easy down hill now !
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I wouldn't do an engine flush, but would change the oil frequently until it gets clean. Maybe every thousand miles?

If it sat for two years, the gas isn't so great either. Which is what probably clogged up the pump and parts. Get that old gas out, and get some good gas in, maybe add some seafoam.

For future reference, a trick I learned in the last couple of years with engines that have sat for a while. PB Blaster into the cylinders, and let it sit for a while, to free up the rings if they get stuck to the cylinder walls.

Congratulations!
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

ohh i scrubebd out the bottom of the tank after removing most of the gas and pouring in 2 bottles of sea foam. the engine turned freely. and the oil was super clean. just gonna run about a 1/4 a tank out arround my neighborhood then change it for new stuff and yeah i think the breaks need replacing/ resetting lol ( yea i know i said resetting to me thats taking off cleaning with break cleaner and putting back on lol.

Comment

is it a characteristic of the engine to sound sorta like your clicking your tounge?

Comment

Mine doesn't

Comment

What year is the engine? IIRC the 88-89 have valve lash adjusters...
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  What year is the engine? IIRC the 88-89 have valve lash adjusters...

Comment

Working...
                  X