Possible Road Trip After X-mas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Road Trip After X-mas.

How to Start, Well some friends have been saying that i need to get out of NC and clear my head and dump the baggage i carry with me all the time. I think they are right and i believe that it would do me good. Now, i have nowhere in particular I want to go but a few places do catch my interest just a little. I am thinking that after X-mas i will try to go to L.A. because i have never been there and would like to see it, also thinking New Orleans, so all in all I may end up driving all across from east coast to west coast. now the tricky part, if there are any festiva people along the way who would be willing to allow me to sleep in my car in their drive way/yard I would be very thankful. now im a small guy and quiet so you wouldn't need to worry about me going crazy or doing something stupid.

I am going to try to save as much funds as i can until then, so i can have my car right. I have a bad oil leak i think rear main, bad tie rod ends, alinement and very small fun-top leak. if anyone could tell me about how much it will be to fix the stated i would again be very thankful. This whole "clearing my head" trip is very new to me and i get very home sick but i need to do this for me because if i stay in NC for much longer i fear my mental stability will fall apart and im holding my self together with everything i have and its draining me, so i think this will do me some good. I consider NC my home and i will be back one day but for now i just need a little help alone the way if anyone is willing.

If anyone wants to know more about me and what skills i have please feel free to ask me or scitzz ( hes the one who's been teaching me about festiva's) i am willing to help in any way i humanly can if anyone can help me a little. im not asking for money just a safe place to sleep in my car alone the way. my cell is (919)-370-2462 or rrashkis@yahoo.com . moderators, please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is then please tell me which link to post in about this. Thank you all for reading/understanding.

also, to those who know me,(you know who you are) I'm not leaving because i want to get away from you, you all are so great and have helped me more than i could ever repay, madness central, insane asylum, i love you all but i need this to make me better and i hope you guys won't think bad of me because i need this. i love you all dearly.

Im thinking it will be 12/30/12 or 1/10/13 as the departure date but will keep everyone posted before, during and after.

Renaissance Wulfgar Loinhawk Maximillion Rashkis aka WulfgarTheGreat/RedRum
    '93 Ford Festiva "RedRum"
    L Series, 5 Speed, Fun-Top
    Renaissance W. R.

I was going to offer a tour of Crater Lake National Park but the snow will be
    10 plus feet deep. Maybe a sno-cat trip but a lot of ifs there.
    If you land in Oregon a place to kick it and park the car is no problem in K falls.
    Weather will be in the single digits to teens that time of year and snowy.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      I was going to offer a tour of Crater Lake National Park but the snow will be
      10 plus feet deep. Maybe a sno-cat trip but a lot of ifs there.
      If you land in Oregon a place to kick it and park the car is no problem in K falls.
      Weather will be in the single digits to teens that time of year and snowy.
      that sounds cool although it sucks that it would be snowing. but ill keep that in mind
      Renaissance W. R.

Comment

Well, if ya run through St. Louis...you can stay at my house. If your needing a place to sleep, I have a spare room!!!

Much better than sleeping in the car...and warmer!
        Last edited by drddan; 11-27-2012, 04:54 AM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I've been cleaning the basement all last week, if you find yourself in the north Georgia mountains you're welcome to stop by and see if the sleeper sofa we have downstairs is at all comfortable.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

If Salt Lake is on your map on your way across, let me know for sure. I'll even let you use the guest room, rather than sleep in your car! Make sure and plan at least a full day for Las Vegas, if you are heading to LA. It's WAY too much fun to just pass on the Freeway!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

You really gonna do it? Heck yeah! Adventure, man, adventure! Just make sure you give Lucky two weeks notice!

Yep, been showing him some ropes. He did the engine and the complete rescue on RedRum himself, with help off the board, and my advice along the way. He did all the real work himself, besides me helping him physically lifting the engine in and out. He can do pretty much anything to a festy, even if he might have to ask a few questions along the way. Maybe a stronger arm for the stubborn bolts

Stayed with us for quite a while, and works with me for the last 8 months. You can count on him.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                Well, if ya run through St. Louis...you can stay at my house. If your needing a place to sleep, I have a spare room!!!

Much better than sleeping in the car...and warmer!

That would be cool because my mom lives there and staying at her house would be a nightmare, but i imagine i will be by St. Louis to see some family and i would be very thankful for that. i will keep everyone posted when the time comes to head out into the world.

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                I've been cleaning the basement all last week, if you find yourself in the north Georgia mountains you're welcome to stop by and see if the sleeper sofa we have downstairs is at all comfortable.

always wanted to see more of the mountainous area's, ive been to sparta and it was beautiful up there, although the roads scare the crap out of me. if i find myself in the area i will definitely keep you in mind, i would be very thankful.

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
                If Salt Lake is on your map on your way across, let me know for sure. I'll even let you use the guest room, rather than sleep in your car! Make sure and plan at least a full day for Las Vegas, if you are heading to LA. It's WAY too much fun to just pass on the Freeway!
                i will keep that in mind, as for Vegas i have wanted to try a table of texas hold'em but i think id get to sure of myself. but i would need to at least go around and see the place. I'll definitely keep you in mind if i head that way, thank you.

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                You really gonna do it? Heck yeah! Adventure, man, adventure! Just make sure you give Lucky two weeks notice!

Yep, been showing him some ropes. He did the engine and the complete rescue on RedRum himself, with help off the board, and my advice along the way. He did all the real work himself, besides me helping him physically lifting the engine in and out. He can do pretty much anything to a festy, even if he might have to ask a few questions along the way. Maybe a stronger arm for the stubborn bolts

Stayed with us for quite a while, and works with me for the last 8 months. You can count on him.
                Oh you know it, i wouldnt just up and leave. when the time comes ill give him the 2 weeks notice, and thank you for all the experience on cars but im sure i'll learn a lot more before I leave. and there will be pictures and vids of the whole thing if i can do what i want to get done before hand. plus ill keep everyone up to date and depending on how long I'm gone ill be back for madness and all the other things as well.
                Renaissance W. R.

Comment

Originally posted by WulfgarTheGreat
                  always wanted to see more of the mountainous area's, ive been to sparta and it was beautiful up there, although the roads scare the crap out of me. if i find myself in the area i will definitely keep you in mind, i would be very thankful.
                  Stop on by, we are literally in the foothills of some good mountain driving, less than ten minutes from roads that car clubs drive for a couple hours just to get to and cruise. We have porsche and MCS crews that come up about every other weekend. Not to mention all the bikes.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    Stop on by, we are literally in the foothills of some good mountain driving, less than ten minutes from roads that car clubs drive for a couple hours just to get to and cruise. We have porsche and MCS crews that come up about every other weekend. Not to mention all the bikes.
                    Dem deres da roads Wild Bill from Dawsonville learned to drive on

Comment

Bah, he was even farther south, we're way closer to the good stuff. And BTW its "Awesome Bill from Dawsonville"
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Awesome Bill, thats right!

He used to brag about riding around your neck of the woods though.

Comment

I won't post details, but I am afraid I have to remove my endorsement. Sometimes, you find things out...

Comment

Working...
                          X