This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUYING FROM ERNST BEWARE

this thread isnt to bash anyone i simply want to put the fact out there for other who may buy parts from him. earlier in the year i had bought an oem front chin for my festiva, it finally arrived this past saturday in this condition. mind you its coming from the philippines to canton ohio.downsized_1126021810.jpgdownsized_1126021810a.jpg
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

more pics

more pics
    Attached Files

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

his first reply
        -i don't intend to delivered it damaged but we can't control how the handlers transferred it or how it is stacked. I packed it the best way I can w/ strong sides already.

Comment

I've seen his packaging first hand. It's not very impressive
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

next response
            -To answer the damage problems, I improved my packing. I doubled the sides of the carton box to make it more stronger and better. So far, you're the only one w/c got damaged for now w/c boxes are more improved.

Comment

and next response
              -To answer the damage problems, I improved my packing. I doubled the sides of the carton box to make it more stronger and better. So far, you're the only one w/c got damaged for now w/c boxes are more improved.

Comment

the first is my response to him then his response basically saying sorry about your luck.
                -it still doesnt make it okay that i received a broken item? non of these arguments are legitimate im out probably another $100 to get this thing fixed now, and i dont see why there hasnt been a previous warning about these parts breaking, at least a disclaimer that its not covered if it is broke? i mean this is just poor customer service.[/QUOTE]

i don't think its $100 just to fixed it for a chin broke in 2. it just needs a fiber cloth, a resin, and some body fillers to do it and mend. of course we don't want to make these things happen that's why I improved my package, the best way I can w/out the change of the cost to make it affordable going there. w/ the fiber products, i think its hard to sell there because of this, what happened. packing it is not worth the pay I received but just to make things going and have my fiber products there to those aspiring on what I do here w/ our rides, i just make it possible and reasonable. most especially the front and rear bumpers, i don't like to pack it,very hard, but if someone wants it I gave it and no choice to have it packed. no problem w/ the others like the spoilers w/c are made of rubbers and hard plastics.

Comment

im just extremely upset with his service. he never even tried to offer help to resolve this situation...

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                    I've seen his packaging first hand. It's not very impressive
                    your tellin me!!

Comment

Just curious. What is he supposed to do in your opinion to fix it? And honestly you can fix that for 20 bucks worth of materials yourself. Its not hard. Looks like a clean break with no frayed edges. He is overseas. And has no control over shipping. I can understand your frustration.

Comment

One idea: Shipping insurance? Is it available for overseas shipping? Just a suggestion.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

BUYING FROM ERNST BEWARE

I agree that shipping insurance should be the ones to pay for any damages

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That's why there's insurance.
                            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Re: BUYING FROM ERNST BEWARE

If it breaks like that in shipping what do you think is gonna happen when its on the front of your car?
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X