Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss the snazzy Festiva graphics of the old website; the silhouette looks too dull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss the snazzy Festiva graphics of the old website; the silhouette looks too dull.

I thought I should mention how nice the old website's caricature Festiva drawing graphics looked, in comparison to the dull looking stock Festiva silhouette of the new website.

Those old graphics were distinctive, imaginative and created a sense of identity; distinct from association with FoMoCo or any other corporate entity. In other words, I think they added a great amount of class and pizzaz.
    Last edited by bobstad; 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

For what it's worth, I like the silhouette just fine....

Simple. Classicly understated.

Just like a Festy.
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I LOVE the new silhouette. I want it on a t-shirt, and stickers!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

I'm going to have to side with bobstad on this one. I really did like the old logo more. The new logo seems like no thought was really put into it. I would much rather have t-shirt made with the old logo on it.
        Last edited by Flw Sock; 12-01-2012, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Disclaimer: I didn't draw it. Something I've had for a long time, maybe even from here.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post

Disclaimer: I didn't draw it. Something I've had for a long time, maybe even from here.
            Hey, maybe some new blood; and different graphics from the old will arise? This image has excellent potentials; no? I like the stockerishly suggested silhouette with a hint of flamed hood; while the interior steaming or otherwise fogged has some well understood particulars. Cast & camber on the rails, toooooooo...

The headlight beams draw my attention particularly, for the mooning with smiles above the hungry dinosaur's bemused bumperish lips meditating on the day's prey, as motoring forward this is sought with inevitable aplomb, distinction and appetite. Well, not everyone can drive a toilet; no? ha ha

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

I love the current silhouette. It is tasteful and economical like a festy. I'm not trying to hurt the artist's feelings. I don't recall who drew it. I thought the old was too comical.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

But I would like to see the addition of a factory spoiler and some action lines indicating motion.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^GREAT IDEA
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Fix Or Repair Daily; if not Found On the Road Dead?

To tell the truth, the old graphics hadn't near as much appeal, until I saw this current turgid silhouette design. I'm sorry, anyone who likes that; but, for me a successful caricature is a lot more lovable, distinctive and attractive.

One of the things I've noticed, about any of the even greatly modified Festivas which have appeared in this website; is they never loose the hard to alter stock Festiva looks. Imagine all the fantastic custom hotrods over multiple decades now, whose stock basis sometimes even an expert might have difficulty recognizing; while with the vast mechanical alterations some Festivas get here, none of them look all that different from when out of the factory.

Thus, I think a good image suggestive of what people do go through, trying to add to their cars anything which designates those as outside of the factory molds; is really something worth being sought after, to identify the website. I think people should be open to something if that does come up; worthy, all would agree to endorse. I always get a big kick out of seeing the low-cost additions people think up, to make their cars real "one ofs." Colored wheels, thoughtful imaginative graphics; the sorts of things which can be well captured, in an artist's graphic image or images.

The car I drive may not be one with many heavy cash investments, nor super mechanical modifications requiring any great expertise from me; however, the fact I pay my dues is indelible, if anyone stops to consider the ramifications of driving a car sporting an aluminum bust of V. I. Lenin built in the Soviet Union during 1984, bolted to the front bumper I had a machinist/welder friend in McKinleyville, CA make a base for: As someone myself, joining the CPUSA during 1984 while a homeless "vehicular resident" in Berkeley.

"Catching flack" is a common phenomena; hardly as innocuous as the phrase has usually come to signify. While the rest of the car's many other adornments, have various values and interests; all thoughtfully rendered.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bobstad; 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X