Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car stuff too kool to miss...

A Festiva's entire parts in exploded view...OLD tech

and new tech. Watch the clip at the bottom..its awesome.

The Atlantic covers news, politics, culture, technology, health, and more, through its articles, podcasts, videos, and flagship magazine.
    Last edited by Movin; 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

That car is a copy of the 1997 Mercedes Life Jet

Comment

Rugby and football are the same thing too. There is no other vehicle using good old west coast technology like
      this little car. The Mercedes is just another Mercedes...Heavy for size, no new technology, expensive for type
      but fairly well made. The Mercedes does copy early west coast technology from the early 80's a LiteStar vehicle.
      Aprilia made much better use of the tilt thing that the Mercedes tried. The tilt is very energy eneficient when
      compared to the Lit which is very efficient, strong and more stable than a 3 or four wheeled vehicle. Out of all the
      Mercedes I work on the only one I have respect for is a 1961 column shift diesel...that car is cool.

Of course all that above is just based on my likes and dislikes, preferences and experience. That Lit..awesome!

Comment

So i take it that my 84 300 SD didn't make your like list.
        Last edited by sc72; 12-15-2012, 10:45 PM.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I had a 78 for a couple years, it was far more durable than the big emblem cars .
          My personal preferences, no, it didn't make that list!
          Looking at what the DEQ just passed I bet no new diesels will be on that list either.
          Don't get me wrong, when people come in wanting to choose a new car
          they come see me because they want to know the typical failures of the
          types they are looking at, given the right set of wants i will recommend a
          300 sd to some one, this actually happened and now a hospital admin has two!

Comment

It's cool, but still too expensive, at least for my taste. I think the main concepts are good though.

That exploded view was of an A2 Golf.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Too expensive for me too when its purpose is only safe transportation of 2 people
              and maybe some luggage and not much of that. The use of gyro's for stability is
              fascinating! If I knew more about it and why moving the axis makes the vehicle
              turn it might be possible to build one. My only experience with gyro action is on
              a snowmobile. When we need to "float on air" across a slide out of trail, pinning
              the throttle and spinning the track fast will hold the snowmobile level instead
              of letting it roll down hill. The one ski touching the bank is all the mark you see
              in the snow until you land on the other side.
              I did not see other videos of that Lit .
              Thanks for Id'ing that little car, I was not sure what it was, but that is a lot
              of Parts! Any comments on gyro's ?

Comment

Working...
              X