Turpial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turpial

As you know, Saipa of Iran has been producing Pride-like cars in Venezuela since 2006. The car is called the Turpial, just like their national bird. (sort of like us calling it Eagle)

Do you think that the front grille from the older Turpials would fit our Festivas? They look awfully close! I am also willing to bet a Turpial dash will also fit our Festivas.
    The grille can even be had with a chrome strip, but you would have to get the headlights and hood to match. Actually, there appears to be no body changes evn on the 2012 Turpial. Since the engine looks the same, I will bet the front bumper will also fit our Festivas.

This guy in Caracas has a serious stripe kit on his Turpial.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM.

I found a Turpial grille!
    It costs only 120 bs. (venezuelan Bolivars) = $28 USD + sea freight
    Just need some pride headlights to go with it.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-16-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Man the cars are NOT cheap! It says it's 135,000 BsF which translates to $30k!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

That's probably because Venezuela has the cheapest gas prices in the entire world!
        18 cents per gallon (much cheaper than bottled water).
        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-16-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Re: Turpial

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          That's probably because Venezuela has the cheapest gas prices in the entire world!
          18 cents per gallon (much cheaper than bottled water).
          wtf! you cant be serious, well im moving.

170k+ B3 Festiva L slo-kart.
          Last edited by B3Festiva; 12-17-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't want to live there. I hear Hugo Chavez is a very nasty guy. Wait until he's gone. He's back in Cuba for a cancer treatment. The closest I ever came to Venezuela was an island called Aruba.

-----------------------------

Would you consider puting a Turpial grille on your Festiva?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Plus the people in Venezuela don't earn near the income we do. If I remember the average they make is around $8,000 US a year? I may be wrong but regardless I know they live on much less than we do so $0.18 is more like $3.00 to us.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I love how the panel gaps aren't even close to being right on any of those cars. That one member a while back wasn't kidding when he said Saipa's build quality was questionable.
                My Festy is straighter than that and I've taken out 2 deer and a Corolla.

I'd rock that hood but the grille is disgus.ting. Plus non-DOT headlights. And yeah, Chavez is no tyrant but I wouldn't want to live in a country he was running. I prefer freedom of speech to freedom of gasoline.
                Last edited by Tommychu; 12-17-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

You are right. The fit from one headlight to the other is not very good.
                  The grille reminds me of jail. I prefer the Festiva hood, headlights and grille.
                  Our swoopies have a better design than their old 1988 style power mirrors.
                  The only thing that might interest me is getting a complete Saipa Turpial dash + console (only if it is legal to import from Venezuela).

Is anyone a member of Facebook?
                  Could you please check if the Turpial Club of Venezuela is like ff.com ?
                  Maybe they sell used parts too?
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I wasn't even looking at the headlights. The gaps on the front doors and hoods are painful, even in the thumbnails.
                    Agreed on the mirrors. I wonder what drove that choice? If cost was an issue they could have just used the GI Joe mirrors.
                    The dash looks neat, but doesn't really fit in with the look of the car. It's like a dollar store facsimile of a PT Cruiser or Liberty dash.

Comment

2009 Saipa Turpial
                      Double struts on the rear hatch.

2011 Turpial

2013 Turpial
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-12-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Must be allowed because I just saw some signs in English and a late model Mustang BUT, the pictures of some of the girls are.......well, make me wish I was only 23

Comment

I am willing to bet the 2013 Turpial dash would bolt right in to our Festivas.

Comment

Is this for sale?
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'll take that cluster!

Comment

Working...
                              X